Affiliation: Jikei University School of Medicine
- Fujimoto E, Yamanaka S, Kurihara S, Tajiri S, Izuhara L, Katsuoka Y, et al. Embryonic kidney function in a chronic renal failure model in rodents. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2017;21:579-588 pubmed publisher..The results of this study demonstrate that transplanted embryonic kidney and bladder can grow and function effectively, even under uremic conditions. ..
- Fukunaga S, Yamanaka S, Fujimoto T, Tajiri S, Uchiyama T, Matsumoto K, et al. Optimal route of diphtheria toxin administration to eliminate native nephron progenitor cells inÂ vivo for kidney regeneration. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;496:1176-1182 pubmed publisher..In addition, this method might be useful for analysis of kidney development at various time points by deleting NPCs during development. ..
- Yokoo T, Fukui A, Matsumoto K, Ohashi T, Sado Y, Suzuki H, et al. Generation of a transplantable erythropoietin-producer derived from human mesenchymal stem cells. Transplantation. 2008;85:1654-8 pubmed publisher..Together these results confirmed the generation of a stem cell-derived organoid that is capable of producing EPO and sensitive to physiological regulation. ..
- Mafune A, Hama T, Suda T, Suzuki Y, Ikegami M, Sakanashi C, et al. Homozygous deletions of UGT2B17 modifies effects of smoking on TP53-mutations and relapse of head and neck carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:205 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that UGT2B17-deletion interacting with p16 (+) may modify effects of smoking on TP53-mutations and may further interact with the disruptive TP53-mutations to raise relapse rates among Japanese patients with HNSCC. ..
- Yokote S, Katsuoka Y, Yamada A, Ohkido I, Yokoo T. Effect of adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cell transplantation on vascular calcification in rats with adenine-induced kidney disease. Sci Rep. 2017;7:14036 pubmed publisher....
- Yamanaka S, Tajiri S, Fujimoto T, Matsumoto K, Fukunaga S, Kim B, et al. Generation of interspecies limited chimeric nephrons using a conditional nephron progenitor cell replacement system. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1719 pubmed publisher..Thus, this technique enables in vivo differentiation from progenitor cells into nephrons, providing insights into nephrogenesis and organ regeneration. ..