Affiliation: Jichi Medical School
- Oshikawa K, Sugiyama Y. Elevated soluble CD26 levels in patients with tuberculous pleurisy. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2001;5:868-72 pubmed..05). These results suggest that elevation of soluble CD26 in pleural fluid is implicated in Th1-like immune response, and may be a useful marker for tuberculous pleurisy. ..
- Oshikawa K, Kuroiwa K, Tago K, Iwahana H, Yanagisawa K, Ohno S, et al. Elevated soluble ST2 protein levels in sera of patients with asthma with an acute exacerbation. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2001;164:277-81 pubmed..634, p = 0.004) and Pa(CO(2)) (r = 0.516, p = 0.003). These results suggest that soluble human ST2 protein in sera may be related to Th2-mediated allergic inflammation inducing acute exacerbation in patients with atopic asthma. ..
- Oshikawa K, Yanagisawa K, Tominaga S, Sugiyama Y. ST2 protein induced by inflammatory stimuli can modulate acute lung inflammation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;299:18-24 pubmed..These results suggest that increases in endogenous ST2 protein in AM, which is induced by inflammatory stimuli, such as LPS and proinflammatory cytokines, may modulate acute lung inflammation. ..
- Oshikawa K, Sugiyama Y. Gene expression of Toll-like receptors and associated molecules induced by inflammatory stimuli in the primary alveolar macrophage. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;305:649-55 pubmed..These results indicate that the TLR2 expression upregulated in AM following bacterial respiratory infections may render AM responsive to TLR2 ligands, which may enhance innate immunity against pathogens in the lung. ..
- Oshikawa K, Sugiyama Y. Regulation of toll-like receptor 2 and 4 gene expression in murine alveolar macrophages. Exp Lung Res. 2003;29:401-12 pubmed..These results indicate that TLR2 expression up-regulated in AM in response to bacterial respiratory infections may render AM responsive to TLR2 ligands, which may accelerate the innate immunity against pathogens in the lung. ..
- Oshikawa K, Yamasawa H, Sugiyama Y. Human lung fibroblasts inhibit macrophage inflammatory protein-1alpha production by lipopolysaccharide-stimulated macrophages. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;312:650-5 pubmed....