Affiliation: Jichi Medical School
- Evaluation of screening strategy for detecting hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal carcinomaTaiji Furukawa
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical School, Kawachi gun, Tochigi, Japan
Cancer 94:911-20. 2002..In this article, the authors evaluate retrospectively whether the JCC are adequate to diagnose HNPCC compared with the Bethesda guidelines (BG) and also investigated useful screening methods for HNPCC...
- An early stage small bowel adenocarcinoma with microsatellite instability phenotype in a case of hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancerTaiji Furukawa
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical School, Yakushiji 3311 1, Minamikawachi Machi, 329 0498, Tochigi, Japan
Int J Colorectal Dis 18:267-70. 2003..Small bowel carcinoma is included in the tumor spectrum of HNPCC, but the frequency of occurrence of this tumor in HNPCC patients is comparatively rare...
- Mutations of BRAF are associated with extensive hMLH1 promoter methylation in sporadic colorectal carcinomasKoji Koinuma
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Int J Cancer 108:237-42. 2004..PM or NM; p < 0.0001). These findings suggest that BRAF activation may participate in the carcinogenesis of sporadic CRCs with hMLH1 hypermethylation in the proximal colon, independently of KRAS activation...
- Mutation of beta-catenin does not coexist with K-ras mutation in colorectal tumorigenesisKazuhisa Shitoh
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi ken, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 49:1631-3. 2004..Our results may support this report and suggest that some colorectal cancers with beta-catenin mutation will progress without K-ras mutation. Further study may disclose a new pathway or new mechanism of colorectal tumorigenesis...
- Densely methylated MLH1 promoter correlates with decreased mRNA expression in sporadic colorectal cancersTaiji Furukawa
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical School, Minamikawachimachi, Tochigi, Japan
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 35:1-10. 2002..5% (22/37). Overall, our data suggested that the type 1 methylation pattern may affect MLH1 mRNA expression, such that the majority of MSI-H cases in sporadic CRC, especially proximal colon cancer, exhibited type 1 methylation...
- The correlation of microsatellite instability and tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer (HNPCC) and sporadic colorectal cancers: the significance of different types of lymphocyte infiltrationNobuyuki Takemoto
Department of Surgery, Omiya Medical Center, Jichi Medical School, Saitama, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 34:90-8. 2004..However, there has been no fully adequate comparison of these two categories, especially analysis in relation to microsatellite instability (MSI)...
- Overexpression in colorectal carcinoma of two lysosomal enzymes, CLN2 and CLN1, involved in neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosisToshihiko Tsukamoto
Department of Biochemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kitasato University, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer 106:1489-97. 2006..Increased CLN2 activity has been reported in breast carcinoma and the antiapoptotic effect of another causative gene of NCL, ceroid lipofuscinosis, neuronal 1 (CLN1), is known...