Affiliation: Jichi Medical School
- Eguchi K, Hoshide S, Kario K. Effects of Celiprolol and Bisoprolol on Blood Pressure, Vascular Stiffness, and Baroreflex Sensitivity. Am J Hypertens. 2015;28:858-67 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, bisoprolol may be useful in hypertensives with cardiac or vascular diseases who have advanced atherosclerotic changes and sympathetic nervous system activation. ..
- Komori T, Eguchi K, Saito T, Nishimura Y, Hoshide S, Kario K. Riser Blood Pressure Pattern Is Associated With Mild Cognitive Impairment in Heart Failure Patients. Am J Hypertens. 2016;29:194-201 pubmed publisher..01) after adjusting for significant covariates. The riser pattern was associated with mild CI in HF patients. An abnormal circadian BP rhythm in HF patients is clinically significant as a potential indicator of subclinical brain damage. ..
- Eguchi K, Hoshide S, Miyashita H, Nagasaka S, Kario K. Why the radial augmentation index is low in patients with diabetes: The J-HOP study. Atherosclerosis. 2016;246:338-43 pubmed publisher..As renal function decreases, a cPP increase may overcome the increase of augmentation pressure in the DM group. ..
- Eguchi K, Boden Albala B, Jin Z, Rundek T, Sacco R, Homma S, et al. Association between diabetes mellitus and left ventricular hypertrophy in a multiethnic population. Am J Cardiol. 2008;101:1787-91 pubmed publisher..Presence of T2DM increased the risk of LV hypertrophy by about 1.5-fold, and it possibly interacted with central obesity. ..
- Eguchi K. Effects of Antihypertensive Therapy on Blood Pressure Variability. Curr Hypertens Rep. 2016;18:75 pubmed..However, in high-risk patients, those with cardiovascular or cerebrovascular diseases, the clinical significance should be considered in individual basis. Especially, reduction of BPV would be an important strategy for these patients. ..
- Eguchi K, Komori T, Saito T, Hoshide S, Kario K. An ?-glucosidase inhibitor could reduce T-wave alternans in type 2 diabetes patients. J Electrocardiol. 2018;51:21-26 pubmed publisher..However, TWA was significantly lower during the miglitol period compared to control period (63±4.8 vs. 75.8±5.1?V, p=0.032). An ?-GI, miglitol, can reduce TWA by reducing the fluctuation of glucose in heart disease patients with T2DM. ..