Rika A Furuta
Affiliation: Japanese Red Cross
- Involvement of TORC2, a CREB co-activator, in the in vivo-specific transcriptional control of HTLV-1Shiwen Jiang
Department of Microbiology Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan
Retrovirology 6:73. 2009....
- An endogenous murine leukemia viral genome contaminant in a commercial RT-PCR kit is amplified using standard primers for XMRVEiji Sato
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, 53 Shogoin Kawaracho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Retrovirology 7:110. 2010..6%) to the PmERV. In the investigation of XMRV infection in patients of CFS and prostate cancer, researchers should prudently evaluate the test kits for the presence of endogenous MLV as well as XMRV genomes prior to PCR and RT-PCR tests...
- No association of xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus with prostate cancer or chronic fatigue syndrome in JapanRika A Furuta
Department of Research, Japanese Red Cross Osaka Blood Center, 2 4 43 Morinomiya, Joto ku, Osaka 536 8505, Japan
Retrovirology 8:20. 2011..We also examined blood samples of viral antibody-positive patients with PC and all (both antibody-positive and antibody-negative) patients with CFS for XMRV DNA...
- Establishment of cell lines stably expressing HNA-1a, -1b, and -2a antigen with low background reactivity in flow cytometric analysisKazuta Yasui
Japanese Red Cross Osaka Blood Center, and the Kansai Medical University, Osaka, Japan
Transfusion 47:478-85. 2007..Most often, neutrophil-specific antibodies are directed toward human neutrophil antigen (HNA)-1 (Fcgamma receptor 3b) and HNA-2a (CD177) in these disorders...
- Neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia caused by an antibody specific for a newly identified allele of human platelet antigen-7Yangsook Koh
Japanese Red Cross Osaka Blood Center and Yodogawa Christian Hospital, Osaka 536 8505, Japan
Transfusion 50:1276-84. 2010..A healthy 30-year-old Japanese woman (Hit) gave birth to her second child after an uneventful pregnancy. Nine hours after birth, the infant presented with severe petechiae and a PLT count of 6 x 10(9)/L...
- Possible involvement of heparin-binding protein in transfusion-related acute lung injuryKazuta Yasui
Japanese Red Cross Osaka Blood Center, Osaka, Japan
Transfusion 48:978-87. 2008..The aim of this study was to characterize soluble mediators that are released from cells at an early stage after immune stimulation...