Affiliation: Japan BCG Central Laboratory
- The effect of passages during Japanese BCG vaccine production on genetic stability and protective efficacyMasaaki Seki
Japan BCG Laboratory, Japan
Vaccine 30:1460-4. 2012....
- Whole genome sequence analysis of Mycobacterium bovis bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) Tokyo 172: a comparative study of BCG vaccine substrainsMasaaki Seki
Japan BCG Laboratory, Research of Product, 3 1 5 Matsuyama, Kiyose City, Tokyo 204 0022, Japan
Vaccine 27:1710-6. 2009..These findings are useful for better understanding of the genetic differences in BCG substrains due to in vitro evolution of BCG...
- Modified multiplex PCR for identification of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin substrain Tokyo among clinical isolatesMasaaki Seki
Japan BCG Laboratory, 3 1 5 Matsuyama, Kiyose City, Tokyo 204 0022, Japan
Vaccine 23:3099-102. 2005..Our method clearly identified BCG substrain (BCG Tokyo 172) among clinical isolates and easily distinguished between M. tuberculosis and wild-type Mycobacterium bovis...
- Identification of two subpopulations of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) Tokyo172 substrain with different RD16 regionsIkuro Honda
Central Laboratory, Japan BCG Laboratory, 3 1 5 Matsuyama, Kiyose City, Tokyo 204 0022, Japan
Vaccine 24:4969-74. 2006..It was suggested that types I and II constituted independent subpopulations within the Tokyo172 substrain. Type I was shown to have a growth advantage over type II both on culture media and in mice organs...
- Epididymo-orchitis caused by intravesically instillated bacillus Calmette-Guérin: genetically proven using a multiplex polymerase chain reaction methodHiroshi Harada
Department of Urology, Sapporo City General Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Int J Urol 13:183-5. 2006..Our report illustrates the efficacy of this method to detect the responsible microbe that is thought to be transmitted from the instillated BCG strain...
- Multiplex PCR-identified cutaneous tuberculosis evoked by Mycobacterium bovis BCG vaccination in a healthy babyTatsuma Okazaki
Department of Geriatric and Respiratory Medicine, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Seiryo machi 1 1, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 43:523-5. 2005..A healthy baby with a developing abscess is described. A multiplex PCR identified the abscess as originating from M. bovis BCG Tokyo 172...
- [Surgical site infection by bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) after radical cystectomy, occurring after intravesical bcg therapy: a case report]Takashi Muranaka
Department of Urology, Sapporo Medical University
Hinyokika Kiyo 53:581-4. 2007..He recovered from the SSI soon after anti-tuberculosis chemotherapy was begun. We discuss the requirements for more prompt diagnosis of SSI by BCG by analysis of this case...
- Report of an international collaborative study to establish the suitability of using modified ATP assay for viable count of BCG vaccineMei M Ho
Bacteriology Division, NIBSC, South Mimms, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire EN6 3QG, UK
Vaccine 26:4754-7. 2008..A collaborative study will be carried out using this modified ATP assay in parallel with the cultural viable count method in the establishment of the replacement of the WHO International Reference Preparation of BCG vaccine...
- Quantitative analyses of mRNA and protein levels of neurotrophin-3 in the rat retina during postnatal development and agingMasaaki Seki
Division of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata University, Niigata 951 8585, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 48:460-4. 2004..In this study, we sought to elucidate changes in the levels of neurotrophin-3 (NT-3) in the rat retina throughout postnatal development and aging...
- BDNF is upregulated by postnatal development and visual experience: quantitative and immunohistochemical analyses of BDNF in the rat retinaMasaaki Seki
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Brain Research Institute, and Division of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata University, Niigata, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:3211-8. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: These observations indicate that BDNF expression in RGCs is upregulated in an activity-dependent manner, whereas that in MÃ¼ller cells is regulated only by development...