Abbi R Saniabadi
Affiliation: Japan Immunoresearch Laboratories
- Therapeutic leukocytapheresis for inflammatory bowel diseaseAbbi R Saniabadi
JIMRO Laboratories, 351 1 Nishiyokote Machi, Takasaki, Japan
Transfus Apher Sci 37:191-200. 2007..Hence, GMA could be a non-pharmacologic therapy for IBD with potential to spare steroids and other unsafe pharmacologic preparations...
- Adacolumn for selective leukocytapheresis as a non-pharmacological treatment for patients with disorders of the immune system: an adjunct or an alternative to drug therapy?Abbi R Saniabadi
Japan Immunoresearch Laboratories, Nishiyokote Machi, Takasaki, Japan
J Clin Apher 20:171-84. 2005..The treatment has a clear drug-sparing role. Changes in blood levels of inflammatory and anti-inflammatory factors are thought to contribute to the efficacy of this procedure...
- Adacolumn, an adsorptive carrier based granulocyte and monocyte apheresis device for the treatment of inflammatory and refractory diseases associated with leukocytesAbby R Saniabadi
Japan Immunoresearch Laboratories, Takasaki, Japan
Ther Apher Dial 7:48-59. 2003..Hence, a long lasting effect on inflammatory cytokine generation, chemokine activities or immunomodulation is likely, but the precise mechanisms involved are not fully understood yet...
- Assessment of rabbit spleen size using ultrasonographyYuji Takeda
JIMRO Co, Ltd, Research Division, Takasaki, Gunma, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 69:841-2. 2007..This spleen index showed strong correlation with the spleen weight. In conclusion, this method is suitable for observation of changes in rabbit spleen size and may reduce the number of rabbit in the longitudinal studies...
- Effects of adacolumn selective leukocytapheresis on plasma cytokines during active disease in patients with active ulcerative colitisHiroyuki Hanai
Hamamatsu South Hospital, Center for Gastroenterology and IBD Research, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 12:3393-9. 2006..To investigate the relationship between ulcerative colitis (UC) clinical activity index (CAI) and circulating levels of IL-1ra, IL-10, IL-6 and IL-18...
- Relationship between fecal calprotectin, intestinal inflammation, and peripheral blood neutrophils in patients with active ulcerative colitisHiroyuki Hanai
Department of Endoscopic and Photodynamic Medicine, Hamamatsu University, 1 20 1, Handayama, Hamamatsu 431 3192, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 49:1438-43. 2004..Further, the correlations among calprotectin, UC activities, and PB neutrophils should serve as the basis for preemptive actions to control this disease...
- Adsorptive granulocyte and monocyte apheresis versus prednisolone in patients with corticosteroid-dependent moderately severe ulcerative colitisHiroyuki Hanai
Department of Medicine, Hamamatsu University, Hamamatsu, Japan
Digestion 70:36-44. 2004..Accordingly, our aim was to see if adsorptive granulocyte/monocyte apheresis (GMA) can promote remission and spare steroid in patients with steroid-dependent (SD) UC...
- Selective granulocyte and monocyte adsorptive apheresis as a first-line treatment for steroid naïve patients with active ulcerative colitis: a prospective uncontrolled studyYasuo Suzuki
Department of Internal Medicene, Sakura Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Toho University, 564 1 Shimoshizu, Sakura City, Chiba 285 874, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 49:565-71. 2004..No severe side effects were reported. In conclusion, adsorptive leukocytapheresis should reduce corticosteroid therapy in patients with moderate UC; cases with early-stage active disease may benefit most...
- Effects of OPC-6535 on lipopolysaccharide-induced acute liver injury in the rat: involvement of superoxide and tumor necrosis factor-alpha from hepatic macrophagesTadashi Hasegawa
1st Department of Surgery, Gunma University School of Medicine, 3 39 22 Showamachi, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8511 Japan
Surgery 134:818-26. 2003..The objective of this study was to investigate the effects of OPC-6535 on Propionibacterium acnes-primed and lipopolysaccharide-induced liver injury in the rat...
- Treatment of pyoderma gangrenosum associated with Crohn's diseaseToshihide Ohmori
Am J Gastroenterol 98:2101-2. 2003
- Studies on the mechanisms of leukocyte adhesion to cellulose acetate beads: an in vitro model to assess the efficacy of cellulose acetate carrier-based granulocyte and monocyte adsorptive apheresisKatsuya Hiraishi
Japan Immunoresearch Laboratories, Takasaki, Gunma, Japan
Ther Apher Dial 7:334-40. 2003....
- Granulocyte and monocyte adsorptive apheresis in a case with severe ulcerative colitis unresponsive to conventional medicationYasuo Suzuki
The Second Department of Internal Medicine, Chiba University School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
J Clin Apher 18:40-2. 2003
- Therapeutic efficacy of granulocyte and monocyte adsorption apheresis in severe active ulcerative colitisHiroyuki Hanai
Department of Endoscopic and Photodynamic Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 47:2349-53. 2002
- Anti-inflammatory effect of granulocyte and monocyte adsorption apheresis in a rabbit model of immune arthritisNobuhito Kashiwagi
First Department of Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Japan
Inflammation 26:199-205. 2002..01) suppression of TNF-alpha production by PBMC in the post column blood. These results suggest that GM depletion may serve as a non-pharmacological strategy to modify inflammatory disorders...
- Immunomodulatory effects of granulocyte and monocyte adsorption apheresis as a treatment for patients with ulcerative colitisNobuhito Kashiwagi
Japan Immunoresearch Laboratories, Takasaki, Gunma
Dig Dis Sci 47:1334-41. 2002....
- alpha1-acid glycoprotein fucosylation as a marker of carcinoma progression and prognosisShinji Hashimoto
Department of General Surgical Science Surgery 1, Gunma University, Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Cancer 101:2825-36. 2004..Serum alpha1-acid glycoprotein (AGP), an acute-phase protein secreted by the liver, carries alpha(1,3)-fucosylated structures on its 5 highly branched, N-linked sugar chains...
- Granulocytapheresis in patients with refractory ocular Behcet's diseaseKenichi Namba
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Clin Apher 21:121-8. 2006..We conclude that granulocytapheresis might be effective and safe for patients with refractory ocular BD. Further studies are necessary to fully evaluate the clinical efficacy of granulocytapheresis for BD...
- Mechanism of superoxide anion production by hepatic sinusoidal endothelial cells and Kupffer cells during short-term ethanol perfusion in the ratTadashi Hasegawa
First Department of Surgery, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Liver 22:321-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to clarify the candidate cells for and the mechanism of superoxide anion (O2*-) release into the hepatic sinusoids during short-term exposure to ethanol...