Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Iwate University
- Cisplatin enhances the p53-independent apoptosis induced by a topoisomerase I inhibitor (CPT-11) in the lens epithelial tumors in transgenic miceTakafumi Nakamura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Oncol Rep 12:253-8. 2004..Apoptosis in the p53-wild-type alphaT3 tumors was observed in a Cisplatin dose-dependent manner. In addition, it was found that Cisplatin augmented CPT-11-induced p53-independent apoptosis in p53-deficient alphaT3 mice...
- Replication origin of mitochondrial DNA in insectsShigeru Saito
Department of Biological Sciences, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Hachiouji, Tokyo 192 0397, Japan
Genetics 171:1695-705. 2005....
- Evolution of thermoTRP ion channel homologs in vertebratesShigeru Saito
Laboratory of Bioscience, Faculty of Engineering, Iwate University, 4 3 5 Ueda, Morioka 020 8551, Japan
Physiol Genomics 27:219-30. 2006..g., thermoTRPs activated by noxious heat, warm, and cool temperatures. Our results suggest that thermosensation mechanisms have changed through vertebrate evolution with respect to thermosensor repertoires...
- Adaptive evolution of the uncoupling protein 1 gene contributed to the acquisition of novel nonshivering thermogenesis in ancestral eutherian mammalsShigeru Saito
Laboratory of Bioscience, Faculty of Engineering, Iwate University, Morioka, Japan
Gene 408:37-44. 2008..Thus, our data demonstrate that novel gene function can evolve without de novo gene duplication event...
- Molecular phylogeny and expression of poplar circadian clock genes, LHY1 and LHY2Naoki Takata
United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences, Iwate University, Morioka 020 8550, Japan
New Phytol 181:808-19. 2009..In addition, the transcript abundance and the evolutionary differences between Populus LHY1 and LHY2 imply that Populus LHY2, rather than LHY1, may have a major role in the Populus clock system...
- Phylogenetic footprint of the plant clock system in angiosperms: evolutionary processes of pseudo-response regulatorsNaoki Takata
United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences, Iwate University, Morioka, Japan
BMC Evol Biol 10:126. 2010....
- Structure and hibernation-associated expression of the transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 channel (TRPV4) mRNA in the Japanese grass lizard (Takydromus tachydromoides)Kazuya Nagai
United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences, Iwate University, Morioka, Iwate, Japan
Zoolog Sci 29:185-90. 2012..This is the first report, to our knowledge, to describe reptilian TRPV4 in relation to hibernation...
- Cooperative binding of c-Myb and Pax-5 activates the RAG-2 promoter in immature B cellsHiroyuki Kishi
Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Sugitani, Toyama, Japan
Blood 99:576-83. 2002..These results suggest that cooperative binding of c-Myb and Pax-5 to the RAG-2 promoter is one of the mechanisms to direct the restricted expression of the RAG-2 in immature B cells...
- A free radical initiator, 2,2'-azobis (2-aminopropane) dihydrochloride enhances hyperthermia-induced apoptosis in human uterine cervical cancer cell linesHiroyoshi Yuki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yukiguniyamato General Hospital, 4415 Urasa, Yamato machi, Niigata 949 7302, Japan
Free Radic Res 37:631-43. 2003..Since it is known that cancer cells are generally resistant to physical and chemical stress-induced apoptosis, free radical generators like AAPH appear to be a useful thermosensitizer for hyperthermic cancer therapy...