Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: International University of Health and Welfare
- Watanobe H, Yoneda M, Kohsaka A, Kakizaki Y, Suda T, Schioth H. Normalization of circulating leptin levels by fasting improves the reproductive function in obese OLETF female rats. Neuropeptides. 2001;35:45-9 pubmed....
- Watanobe H. In vivo release of prolactin-releasing peptide in rat hypothalamus in association with luteinizing hormone and prolactin surges. Neuroendocrinology. 2001;74:359-66 pubmed..A possible involvement of PrRP in the PRL surge was not suggested from the present data. The lack of a significant alteration in PrRP release in the ME-ARC may argue against a direct hypophysiotropic action of the peptide...
- Watanobe H, Schioth H. Postnatal profile of plasma leptin concentrations in male and female rats: relation with the maturation of the pituitary-gonadal axis. Regul Pept. 2002;105:23-8 pubmed..It seems that the role for leptin in sexual development is permissive, but not decisive, in rats. ..
- Watanobe H, Schioth H, Izumi J. Pivotal roles of alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone and the melanocortin 4 receptor in leptin stimulation of prolactin secretion in rats. J Neurochem. 2003;85:338-47 pubmed..It was also suggested that the MC4-R may be the primary subtype of the MC-Rs mediating this action of alpha-MSH. ..
- Watanobe H, Hayakawa Y. Hypothalamic interleukin-1 beta and tumor necrosis factor-alpha, but not interleukin-6, mediate the endotoxin-induced suppression of the reproductive axis in rats. Endocrinology. 2003;144:4868-75 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that IL-1 beta and TNF-alpha may represent the major proinflammatory cytokines mediating the LPS-induced suppression of GnRH and LH release, whereas the role of IL-6 seems to be insignificant. ..
- Watanobe H, Yoneda M. Evaluation of the role of melanocortin 3 and 4 receptors in leptin-stimulated and spontaneous growth hormone secretion in rats. Neuroendocrinology. 2003;78:331-8 pubmed....