Affiliation: Institute of Biomedical Research and Innovation
- Age-dependent plasticity in the superior temporal sulcus in deaf humans: a functional MRI studyNorihiro Sadato
National Institute for Physiological Sciences, 38 Nishigonaka, Myodaiji, Okazaki, 444 8585, Japan
BMC Neurosci 5:56. 2004..The task was sentence comprehension in Japanese sign language...
- Reduced responsiveness is an essential feature of chronic fatigue syndrome: a fMRI studyMasaaki Tanaka
Department of Physiology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 4 3 Asahimachi, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
BMC Neurol 6:9. 2006..Although the neural mechanism of chronic fatigue syndrome has been investigated by a number of researchers, it remains poorly understood...
- Mechanisms underlying fatigue: a voxel-based morphometric study of chronic fatigue syndromeTomohisa Okada
National Institute for Physiological Sciences, 38 Nishigonaka, Myodaiji, Okazaki, Aichi 444 8585, Japan
BMC Neurol 4:14. 2004..Intense long-term fatigue is a symptom of chronic fatigue syndrome, which is used as a model to study the mechanisms underlying fatigue...
- Feasibility of internally referenced brain temperature imaging with a metabolite signalKagayaki Kuroda
Department of Image Based Medicine, Institute of Biomedical Research and Innovation, Kobe, Japan
Magn Reson Med Sci 2:17-22. 2003..5 cm3 and 4.5 min. A higher signal-to-noise ratio and optimization of the water and outer-volume suppression capabilities will be required to further enhance the temperature-mapping capabilities...
- Magnetic field strength increase yields significantly greater contrast-to-noise ratio increase: Measured using BOLD contrast in the primary visual areaTomohisa Okada
National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki, 444 8585, Japan
Acad Radiol 12:142-7. 2005....
- Functional association of the amygdala and ventral prefrontal cortex during cognitive evaluation of facial expressions primed by masked angry faces: an event-related fMRI studyMichio Nomura
Division of Social and Human Environment, Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Nagoya University, 464 8601, Nagoya, Japan
Neuroimage 21:352-63. 2004..These results are discussed in terms of the functional association between the right PFC and the amygdala and its influence on cognitive processing...
- A variant C178T in the regulatory region of the serotonin receptor gene HTR3A modulates neural activation in the human amygdalaTetsuya Iidaka
Department of Psychology, Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Aichi 464 8601, Japan
J Neurosci 25:6460-6. 2005..The present study may contribute to elucidating a possible link among genes, the brain, and behavior in normal populations and may help reveal the biological basis of neuropsychiatric disorders...
- Accuracy of image fusion using a fixation device for whole-body cancer imagingYuji Nakamoto
Department of Image Based Medicine, Institute of Biomedical Research and Innovation, 2 2 Minatojima Minamimachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:1960-6. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the clinical feasibility of a simple image fusion technique with PET and CT images acquired separately using a vacuum cushion as a fixation device...
- Tactile estimation of the roughness of gratings yields a graded response in the human brain: an fMRI studyRyo Kitada
Graduate School of Human and Environmental Studies, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Neuroimage 25:90-100. 2005..The lateral prefrontal area might play an important cognitive role in tactile estimation of surface roughness, whereas the PO and insula might be involved in the sensory processing that is important for estimating surface roughness...
- Reproducibility of magnetic resonance spectroscopy in correlation with signal-to-noise ratioTomohisa Okada
Department of Molecular Imaging, Institute of Biomedical Research and Innovation, 2 2 Minatojima Minamimachi, Chuouku, Kobe, 650 0047, Japan
Psychiatry Res 156:169-74. 2007..The results indicate that MRS measurements with high SNR should be used to obtain reliable assessments of mI/Cr as accurate diagnostic indicator of AD in clinical MR examinations...