Affiliation: Institute for Molecular Science
- Yanaka S, Yagi H, Yogo R, Yagi Utsumi M, Kato K. Stable isotope labeling approaches for NMR characterization of glycoproteins using eukaryotic expression systems. J Biomol NMR. 2018;71:193-202 pubmed publisher..Perspectives regarding the development of techniques for tailoring glycoform designs and isotope labeling of recombinant glycoproteins are also discussed. ..
- Cheng X, Yang B, Liu G, Olofsson T, Li H, Yanaka S, et al. A Total Bounded Variation Approach to Low Visibility Estimation on Expressways. Sensors (Basel). 2018;18: pubmed publisher..Besides, the big video data are collected from the Tongqi expressway, Jiangsu, China. A total of 1,782,000 frames were used and the relative errors of the approach proposed are less than 10%. ..
- Kitazawa S, Yagi Utsumi M, Kato K, Kitahara R. Interactions Controlling the Slow Dynamic Conformational Motions of Ubiquitin. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..Identifying the interactions controlling specific motions of a protein will facilitate molecular design to achieve functional dynamics beyond native state dynamics. ..
- Kato K, Satoh T. Structural insights on the dynamics of proteasome formation. Biophys Rev. 2018;10:597-604 pubmed publisher..This knowledge, in turn, provides a guiding principle in designing molecular machineries using protein engineering approaches and de novo synthesis of artificial molecular systems. ..
- Yagi H, Yan G, Suzuki T, Tsuge S, Yamaguchi T, Kato K. Lewis X-Carrying Neoglycolipids Evoke Selective Apoptosis in Neural Stem Cells. Neurochem Res. 2018;43:212-218 pubmed publisher..This serendipitous finding may offer a new strategy for controlling neural cell fates using artificial glycoclusters. ..
- Takagi K, Saeki Y, Yashiroda H, Yagi H, Kaiho A, Murata S, et al. Pba3-Pba4 heterodimer acts as a molecular matchmaker in proteasome ?-ring formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;450:1110-4 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our structure-guided mutational data demonstrate that the Pba3-Pba4 heterodimer acts as molecular matchmaker reinforcing the interaction between ?4 and ?5, which is the crucial step in the ?-ring formation. ..
- Satoh T, Saeki Y, Hiromoto T, Wang Y, Uekusa Y, Yagi H, et al. Structural basis for proteasome formation controlled by an assembly chaperone nas2. Structure. 2014;22:731-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, Nas2 operates as a proteasome activation blocker, offering a checkpoint during the formation of the 19S ATPase prior to its docking onto the proteolytic 20S core particle. ..
- Yagi H, Kato K. Functional roles of glycoconjugates in the maintenance of stemness and differentiation process of neural stem cells. Glycoconj J. 2017;34:757-763 pubmed publisher..In this review, we outline current knowledge of the possible functional mechanisms of glycoconjugates to determine cell fates, which are associated with their expression pattern and structural characteristic features. ..