Affiliation: Hyogo College of Medicine
- Epigenetic regulation and colorectal cancerNagahide Matsubara
Department of Surgery, Hyogo College of Medicine, Hyogo, Japan
Dis Colon Rectum 55:96-104. 2012..These advances in the understanding of the biology of tumorigenesis can be expected to provide distinct biomarkers that will aid future diagnosis, risk assessment, and treatment methods for patients with colorectal cancer...
- Metastatic lobular carcinoma of the breast masquerading as a primary rectal cancerIkuo Matsuda
Department of Surgical Pathology, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
World J Surg Oncol 10:231. 2012..In some cases, the interval between the primary breast cancer and metastatic colorectal lesions is so long that the critical records for diagnosis including history might be lost or missed...
- [Assessment of malignant grade of colorectal cancer]Naohiro Tomita
Division of Lower GI, Department of Surgery, Hyogo College of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 72:83-8. 2014..Among them, microsatellite instability (MSI), gene expression profile analysis, and micro RNA as a topic are briefly introduced in this minireview...
- Alterations of the base excision repair gene MUTYH in sporadic colorectal cancerTakashi Kuno
Division of Lower Gastroenterology, Department of Surgery, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Japan
Oncol Rep 28:473-80. 2012..However, it is possible that unknown mutations of regions not analyzed in this study and epigenetic changes of the promoter region of MUTYH may contribute to the disease...
- [A novel genetic disorder of Lynch syndrome - EPCAM gene deletion]Naohiro Tomita
Division of Lower GI, Dept of Surgery, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Hyogo, Japan
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 40:143-7. 2013..In this review, the significance of the EPCAM gene defect in the management for Lynch syndrome is briefly introduced...
- [Promoter hypermethylation and CpG island methylator phenotype in colorectal carcinogenesis]Nagahide Matsubara
Dept of Surgery, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Hyogo, Japan
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 37:1659-64. 2010..Differing molecular mechanisms of colorectal carcinogenesis have become known after advanced understanding of genes silenced by promoter methylation...