Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Hoshi University
- Chiba Y, Matsusue K, Misawa M. RhoA, a possible target for treatment of airway hyperresponsiveness in bronchial asthma. J Pharmacol Sci. 2010;114:239-47 pubmed..The possibility of RhoA as a therapeutic target in asthma, especially airway hyperresponsiveness, will also be described. ..
- Chiba Y, Takeuchi H, Sakai H, Misawa M. SKI-II, an inhibitor of sphingosine kinase, ameliorates antigen-induced bronchial smooth muscle hyperresponsiveness, but not airway inflammation, in mice. J Pharmacol Sci. 2010;114:304-10 pubmed..The endogenously generated S1P might be one of the exacerbating factors for the airway hyperresponsiveness, one of the characteristic features of allergic bronchial asthma. ..
- Chiba Y, Yu Y, Sakai H, Misawa M. Increase in the expression of matrix metalloproteinase-12 in the airways of rats with allergic bronchial asthma. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:318-23 pubmed..These findings suggest that MMP-12 is upregulated after the induction of asthmatic reaction. MMP-12 might be a new target for the therapy against allergic bronchial asthma. ..
- Chiba Y, Sato S, Misawa M. Inhibition of antigen-induced bronchial smooth muscle hyperresponsiveness by lovastatin in mice. J Smooth Muscle Res. 2008;44:123-8 pubmed..Thus, lovastatin might have therapeutic potential to ameliorate airway hyperresponsiveness in allergic bronchial asthma. ..
- Chiba Y, Misawa M. MicroRNAs and their therapeutic potential for human diseases: MiR-133a and bronchial smooth muscle hyperresponsiveness in asthma. J Pharmacol Sci. 2010;114:264-8 pubmed..MiR-133a might be a key regulator of BSM hyperresponsiveness and provide us with new insight into the treatment of airway hyperresponsiveness in asthmatics. ..
- Chiba Y, Tanoue G, Suto R, Suto W, Hanazaki M, Katayama H, et al. Interleukin-17A directly acts on bronchial smooth muscle cells and augments the contractility. Pharmacol Rep. 2017;69:377-385 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that IL-17 directly acts on BSM cells and up-regulates RhoA protein probably via a down-regulation of miR-133a-3p, resulting in an induction of the BSM hyperresponsiveness. ..
- Chiba Y, Matsuo K, Sakai H, Abe K, Misawa M. Increased expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase in nasal mucosae of guinea pigs with induced allergic rhinitis. Am J Rhinol. 2006;20:336-41 pubmed..However, the pathophysiological role(s) of NO generated by iNOS in nasal allergy is still unclear. ..
- Chiba Y, Todoroki M, Nishida Y, Tanabe M, Misawa M. A novel STAT6 inhibitor AS1517499 ameliorates antigen-induced bronchial hypercontractility in mice. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2009;41:516-24 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the inhibitory effects of STAT6 inhibitory agents, such as AS1517499, both on RhoA and IL-13 up-regulations might be useful for asthma treatment. ..
- Chiba Y, Danno S, Suto R, Suto W, Yamane Y, Hanazaki M, et al. Intranasal administration of recombinant progranulin inhibits bronchial smooth muscle hyperresponsiveness in mouse allergic asthma. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2017;:ajplung.00575.2016 pubmed publisher..Increasing PGRN levels might be a promising therapeutic for the AHR in allergic asthma...
- Chiba Y, Tanabe M, Goto K, Sakai H, Misawa M. Down-regulation of miR-133a contributes to up-regulation of Rhoa in bronchial smooth muscle cells. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009;180:713-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that RhoA expression is negatively regulated by miR-133a in BSMs. IL-13 might, at least in part, contribute to the reduction of miR-133a. ..
- Chiba Y, Sato S, Misawa M. GGTI-2133, an inhibitor of geranylgeranyltransferase, inhibits infiltration of inflammatory cells into airways in mouse experimental asthma. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2009;22:929-35 pubmed..However, interestingly, the GGTI-2133 treatment did not affect the levels of these chemotactic factors and IgE. These findings suggest that selective inhibition of GGTase is effective for eosinophilic airway inflammation such as asthma. ..
- Chiba Y, Arima J, Sakai H, Misawa M. Lovastatin inhibits bronchial hyperresponsiveness by reducing RhoA signaling in rat allergic asthma. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2008;294:L705-13 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that lovastatin ameliorates antigen-induced BSM hyperresponsiveness, an important factor of airway hyperresponsiveness in allergic asthmatics, probably by reducing the RhoA-mediated signaling. ..
- Chiba Y, Sakai H, Wachi H, Sugitani H, Seyama Y, Misawa M. Upregulation of rhoA mRNA in bronchial smooth muscle of antigen-induced airway hyperresponsive rats. J Smooth Muscle Res. 2003;39:221-8 pubmed..It is thus possible that upregulation of RhoA protein might be involved in the mechanism underlying the increased contractility of the bronchial smooth muscle which occurs with airway hyperresponsiveness. ..
- Chiba Y, Arimoto T, Yoshikawa T, Misawa M. Elevated nitric oxide synthase activity concurrent with antigen-induced airway hyperresponsiveness in rats. Exp Lung Res. 2000;26:535-49 pubmed..Downregulation of constitutive eNOS and nNOS is not found in this animal model of AHR. ..
- Chiba Y, Suzuki K, Uechi M, Kurihara E, Goto K, Sakai H, et al. Downregulation of sphingosine-1-phosphate receptors in bronchial smooth muscle of mouse experimental asthma. Pharmacol Res. 2010;62:357-63 pubmed publisher..In BSMs of the repeatedly antigen-challenged mice, the expression level of S1PR2 was much decreased, resulting in a loss of the S1P-mediated contraction. ..
- Chiba Y, Onoda S, Todoroki M, Nishida Y, Misawa M. Upregulation of interleukin-13 receptor chains in bronchial smooth muscle tissues of mouse experimental asthma. J Smooth Muscle Res. 2010;46:49-55 pubmed..It is thus possible that the IL-13-mediated signaling in bronchial smooth muscle is considerably augmented by the upregulations of IL-13 itself and its functional IL13Ralpha1 receptor in allergic asthmatics. ..
- Chiba Y, Todoroki M, Misawa M. Activation of signal transducer and activator of transcription factor 1 by interleukins-13 and -4 in cultured human bronchial smooth muscle cells. J Smooth Muscle Res. 2009;45:279-88 pubmed..These findings suggest that STAT1, but not STAT3, might also be one of the crucial signal transducers in the development of BSM hyper-responsiveness, which is one of the causes of AHR in asthmatics. ..
- Chiba Y, Onoda S, Hattori Y, Maitani Y, Sakai H, Misawa M. Upregulation of ADAM8 in the airways of mice with allergic bronchial asthma. Lung. 2009;187:179-85 pubmed publisher..An upregulation of ADAM8 in the airways might be involved in the pathogenesis of airway inflammation and/or hyperresponsiveness, characteristic features of allergic bronchial asthma. ..
- Chiba Y, Tanabe M, Sakai H, Kimura S, Misawa M. A functional interaction between CPI-17 and RACK1 proteins in bronchial smooth muscle cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;401:487-90 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that RACK1 may play a role in PKC/CPI-17 signaling pathway. ..
- Chiba Y, Sato S, Misawa M. Lovastatin inhibits antigen-induced airway eosinophilia without affecting the production of inflammatory mediators in mice. Inflamm Res. 2009;58:363-9 pubmed publisher..To determine the beneficial effects of statins on allergic bronchial asthma, the effect of systemic treatment with lovastatin on antigen-induced airway inflammation was investigated...