Affiliation: Hokkaido University
- Detergent-resistant membrane domains are required for mast cell activation but dispensable for tyrosine phosphorylation upon aggregation of the high affinity receptor for IgET Yamashita
Division of Hygienic Chemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 0812, Japan
J Biochem 129:861-8. 2001....
- Evidence for involvement of two isoforms of Syk protein-tyrosine kinase in signal transduction through the high affinity IgE receptor on rat basophilic leukemia cellsT Yamashita
Department of Hygienic Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Kita ku, Sapporo, 060 0812, Japan
J Biochem 123:1199-207. 1998..Thus, these results establish that both isoforms of Syk can mediate signal transduction in mast cells and suggest that the 23-amino acid insert in the linker region of Syk may not be obligatory for FcepsilonRI signaling...
- High-risk HPV-positive human cancer cell lines show different sensitivity to cisplatin-induced apoptosis correlated with the p21Waf1/Cip1 levelK Funaoka
Second Department of Oral Surgery, Hokkaido University School of Dentistry, Sapporo, Japan
Cancer Lett 108:15-23. 1996..Our results show that there were differences in sensitivity to cisplatin among four types of high risk HPV-positive cells, possibly due to different levels of p21Waf1/Cip1 up-regulation by functional p53...
- Clinical features of vesicoureteral reflux in infants and outcome of conservative therapeutic approachH Kakizaki
Department of Urology, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Eur Urol 34:221-5. 1998..We evaluated the clinical features of vesicoureteral reflux (VUR) detected in infants and the outcome of a conservative therapeutic approach...
- Impact of congenital narrowing of the bulbar urethra (Cobb's collar) and its transurethral incision in childrenK Nonomura
Department of Urology, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Eur Urol 36:144-8; discussion 149. 1999..We described the clinical manifestation and outcome after transurethral incision (TUI) of a congenital narrowing of the bulbar urethra (Cobb's collar)...
- Angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma including cases with pleomorphic features analysed by fluorescence in situ hybridisationT Matsumura
Department of Surgical Pathology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Clin Pathol 63:124-8. 2010..The authors present clinicopathological features of AFH, including cases showing a pleomorphic histological appearance, and results of fluorescence in situ hybridisation analysis of EWSR1 and FUS rearrangements...
- Femoral head osteonecrosis can be caused by disruption of the systemic immune response via the toll-like receptor 4 signalling pathwayS Okazaki
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:227-32. 2009..We established a rat model with femoral head osteonecrosis by injecting lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and steroid, and assessed the consequences of this on femoral head histology, the systemic immune response and lipid synthesis...
- Induction of apoptosis in melanoma cell lines by p53 and its related proteinsT Yamashita
Department of Dermatology, Cancer Research Institute, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 117:914-9. 2001....
- Size-dependent cytotoxic effects of amorphous silica nanoparticles on Langerhans cellsH Nabeshi
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Pharmazie 65:199-201. 2010..These results suggest that smaller sized silica particles induced greater cytotoxicity against Langerhans cells, which was correlated with the quantity of particle uptake into the cells...
- A patient-derived mutant form of the Fanconi anemia protein, FANCA, is defective in nuclear accumulationG Kupfer
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Exp Hematol 27:587-93. 1999..The characteristics of this mutant protein underscore the importance of FANCA phosphorylation, FANCA/FANCC binding, and nuclear accumulation in the function of the FA pathway...
- The Fanconi anemia polypeptide, FAC, binds to the cyclin-dependent kinase, cdc2G M Kupfer
Division of Pediatric Oncology and Cellular and Molecular Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 90:1047-54. 1997..Absence of a functional interaction between FAC and cdc2 in FA cells may underlie the cell cycle abnormality and clinical abnormalities of FA...
- Leptin receptor signal transduction: OBRa and OBRb of fa typeT Yamashita
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Tokushima, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 246:752-9. 1998..These data suggest that these reduced signaling activities cause obesity in fa/fa rats and that OBRa, which has been generally thought to be inactive at signaling, actually transmits signals through the MAPK pathway...
- Calcium channel inhibition accelerates polycystic kidney disease progression in the Cy/+ ratS Nagao
Education and Research Center of Animal Models for Human Diseases, Fujita Health University, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
Kidney Int 73:269-77. 2008..We conclude that treatment of Cy/+ rats with calcium channel blockers increases activity of the B-Raf/MEK/ERK pathway accelerating cyst growth in the presence of endogenous cAMP, thus exacerbating renal cystic disease...
- Effect of manipulating serum phosphorus with phosphate binder on circulating PTH and FGF23 in renal failure ratsN Nagano
Pharmaceutical Development Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Research Laboratories and Medical Affairs Section, Pharmaceutical Division, Kirin Brewery Company Limited, Takasaki and Tokyo, Japan
Kidney Int 69:531-7. 2006..Moreover, phosphate-binder treatment can effectively inhibit the elevation of serum FGF23 levels, as well as PTH levels, under conditions of CRI...
- Unique domain functions of p63 isotypes that differentially regulate distinct aspects of epidermal homeostasisK E King
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, FDA, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:53-63. 2006....
- Acute effects of glucocorticoids on ATP-induced Ca2+ mobilization and nitric oxide production in cochlear spiral ganglion neuronsH Yukawa
Hearing Research Laboratory, Department of Otolaryngology, Kansai Medical University, Fumizono cho 10 15, Moriguchi, Osaka 570 8507, Japan
Neuroscience 130:485-96. 2005..The present study suggests that NO may play an important role in auditory signal transduction. Our results also indicate that glucocorticoids may rapidly affect auditory neurotransmission due to a novel non-genomic mechanism...
- Serum inhibitors for human mast cell growth: possible role of retinolS Ishida
Department of Pediatrics, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Allergy 58:1044-52. 2003..Accordingly, we attempted to identify circulating factor(s) affecting the development of human mast cells...
- Effects of soy protein on levels of remnant-like particles cholesterol and vitamin E in healthy menK Higashi
First Department of Internal Medicine, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa, Saitama, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 47:283-8. 2001..Therefore the supplementation of vitamin E may be required in subjects with long-term and abundant intake of soy protein...
- A cytoplasmic serine protein kinase binds and may regulate the Fanconi anemia protein FANCAH Yagasaki
Division of Genetic Diagnosis, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
Blood 98:3650-7. 2001..FANCA-PK was characterized as a cytoplasmic serine kinase sensitive to wortmannin. Identification of the protein kinase is expected to elucidate regulatory mechanisms that control the FA pathway...
- Fanconi anemia protein, FANCA, associates with BRG1, a component of the human SWI/SNF complexT Otsuki
Department of Hematology, Jichi Medical School, Yakushiji 3311 1, Minamikawachi, Kawachi, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 10:2651-60. 2001....
- HSH2: a novel SH2 domain-containing adapter protein involved in tyrosine kinase signaling in hematopoietic cellsT Oda
Division of Genetic Diagnosis, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 288:1078-86. 2001..Hence, we postulate that HSH2 functions as an adapter protein involved in tyrosine kinase signaling, and possibly regulates cytokine signaling and cytoskeletal reorganization, in hematopoietic cells...
- The fanconi anemia pathway requires FAA phosphorylation and FAA/FAC nuclear accumulationT Yamashita
Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 108, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:13085-90. 1998..These biochemical events seem to define a signaling pathway required for the maintenance of genomic stability and normal hematopoiesis. Our results support the idea that multiple gene products cooperate in the FA Pathway...
- RMP, a novel RNA polymerase II subunit 5-interacting protein, counteracts transactivation by hepatitis B virus X proteinD Dorjsuren
Department of Molecular Oncology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa 920 0934, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 18:7546-55. 1998..These results suggest that RMP negatively modulates RNA polymerase II function by binding to RPB5 and that HBx counteracts the negative role of RMP on transcription indirectly by interacting with RPB5...
- Calcium waves in skinned cardiac myocytes evoked by two-photon excitation photolysis of caged calciumM Konishi
Department of Physiology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, 160-8402 Japan
Jpn J Physiol 51:127-32. 2001..The present techniques should be useful to investigate the interaction of elementary Ca2+ events, the process leading to global Ca2+ movements, in cardiac myocytes and other types of cells...
- Parathyroid hormone-induced bone resorption does not occur in the absence of osteopontinH Ihara
Department Molecular Pharmacology, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo 101 0062, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:13065-71. 2001..These results indicate that the absence of osteopontin suppressed PTH-induced increase in bone resorption via preventing the increase in the number of osteoclasts in the local milieu of bone...
- Role of Syk in Fc gamma receptor-coupled tyrosine phosphorylation of Cbl in a manner susceptible to inhibition by protein kinase CK Hazeki
The Ui Laboratory Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, Wako Shi, Japan
Eur J Immunol 29:3302-12. 1999....
- Purification, primary structure, and biological activity of guinea pig neutrophil cationic peptidesT Yamashita
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Juntendo University, Tokyo, Japan
Infect Immun 57:2405-9. 1989..The sequence of GNCP-2 is identical except for the substitution of isoleucine for leucine at residue 21...