Affiliation: Hokkaido University
- Inorganic polyphosphate in the social life of Myxococcus xanthus: motility, development, and predationHaiyu Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5307, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:13416-20. 2005..The pap mutant is also impaired in social motility, but shows only slightly reduced abilities in development and predation...
- Inorganic polyphosphate and polyphosphate kinase: their novel biological functions and applicationsT Shiba
Division of Molecular Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, 060 8628, Japan
Biochemistry (Mosc) 65:315-23. 2000..coli. The ATP-regeneration system consisting of ADK, PPK, and poly(P) was shown to be promising for practical utilization of poly(P) as ATP substitute...
- Genes from Pseudomonas sp. strain BS involved in the conversion of L-2-amino-Delta(2)-thiazolin-4-carbonic acid to L-cysteineToshikazu Shiba
Division of Molecular Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 8628, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:2179-87. 2002..Since both enzymes can only catalyze the L-specific conversion from L-ATC to L-NCC or L-NCC to L-cysteine, it is thought that atcB and atcC encode L-ATC hydrolase and N-carbamyl-L-cysteine amidohydrolase, respectively...
- A security system for personal genome information at DNA levelYumi Kawazoe
Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Proc IEEE Comput Soc Bioinform Conf 1:314-20. 2002..If this information must be 'unlocked', it can be extracted and analyzed by a removal of dummy DNAs using molecular tagging techniques or by selective amplification using key primers...
- Caged multiwalled carbon nanotubes as the adsorbents for affinity-based elimination of ionic dyesBunshi Fugetsu
Graduate School of Environmental Earth Science, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0810, Japan
Environ Sci Technol 38:6890-6. 2004..Biocompatibility experiments performed in vitro and in vivo provided promising results, suggesting potential applications of the caged MWCNTs in in situ environmental remediation...
- Potential for enlarging DNA memory: the validity of experimental operations of scaled-up nested primer molecular memorySatoshi Kashiwamura
Graduate School of Engineering, Hokkaido University, North 13, West 8, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8628, Japan
Biosystems 80:99-112. 2005..In the latter, we deal with scaled-up NPMM simulated by the Concentration Scaling method...
- Improved secretory production of recombinant proteins by random mutagenesis of hlyB, an alpha-hemolysin transporter from Escherichia coliYasuhiro Sugamata
Frontier Research Division, Fujirebio Inc, 51 Komiya, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0031, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:656-62. 2005..This result indicates that the improved secretion activity of AE104F is not always dependent on low temperature...
- Inorganic polyphosphate interacts with ribosomes and promotes translation fidelity in vitro and in vivoPeter McInerney
Fujirebio, Inc, Research and Development Division, 51 Komiya cho, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0031, Japan
Mol Microbiol 60:438-47. 2006..Taken together, these results indicate that polyphosphate plays an important role in maintaining optimal translation efficiency in vivo and in vitro...
- Polyphosphate:AMP phosphotransferase as a polyphosphate-dependent nucleoside monophosphate kinase in Acinetobacter johnsonii 210AToshikazu Shiba
Regenetiss Co, Ltd, 1 5 17, Akabane, Okaya, Nagano 394 0002, Japan
J Bacteriol 187:1859-65. 2005..The activity for AMP was about 10 times greater than that for GMP and 770 and about 1,100 times greater than that for UMP and CMP...
- Polyphosphate synthetic activity of polyphosphate:AMP phosphotransferase in Acinetobacter johnsonii 210AHiromichi Itoh
Frontier Research Division, Fujirebio, Inc, Hachioji, Tokyo 192-0031, Japan
J Bacteriol 186:5178-81. 2004..3 mM and 55 micromol min(-1) mg(-1), respectively. We concluded that the PAP of A. johnsonii 210A is a novel type of poly(P) kinase that uses ADP and GDP as substrates...
- Modulation of mitogenic activity of fibroblast growth factors by inorganic polyphosphateToshikazu Shiba
Frontier Research Division, Fujirebio Inc, 51, Komiya, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0031, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:26788-92. 2003..Furthermore, poly(P) facilitated the FGF-2 binding to its cell surface receptors. Because poly(P) is widely distributed in mammalian tissues, it may be a spontaneous modulator of FGFs...
- Enhancement of protein synthesis by an inorganic polyphosphate in an E. coli cell-free systemHiromichi Itoh
Regenetiss Co, Ltd, 1-9-4, Asahigaoka, Hino, Tokyo 191-0065, Japan
J Microbiol Methods 64:241-9. 2006..We also observed that poly(P) extended the half-life of the mRNA template...
- Effect of inorganic polyphosphate in periodontitis in the elderlyMinoru Yamaoka
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Matsumoto Dental University Hospital, Shiojiri, Nagano, Japan
Gerodontology 25:10-7. 2008..The purpose of this study was to clarify the effects of inorganic polyphosphate on periodontitis...
- Activation of the FGF signaling pathway and subsequent induction of mesenchymal stem cell differentiation by inorganic polyphosphateYumi Kawazoe
Regenetiss Inc, 1 9 4, Asahigaoka, Hino, Tokyo 191 0065, Japan
Int J Biol Sci 4:37-47. 2008..The results suggest that the activation of the FGF signaling pathway by poly(P) induces both proliferation and mineralization of stem cells...