Affiliation: Hokkaido University
- The prognostic significance of RCAS1 expression in squamous cell carcinoma of the oesophagusYoshihiro Nakakubo
Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Division of Cancer Medicine, Cancer Medicine, Surgical Oncology, N 14, W 5, Sapporo 060 8648, Japan
Cancer Lett 177:101-5. 2002..Multivariate analysis indicated that RCAS1 positivity was an independent negative prognostic factor. Our study establishes RCAS1 as a novel prognostic marker for surgically resected oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma...
- Mucin-secreting bile duct adenoma--clinicopathological resemblance to intraductal papillary mucinous tumor of the pancreasTaro Oshikiri
Center of Gastroenterology, Teinekeijinkai Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Dig Surg 19:324-7. 2002..This case also seemed to clinicopathologically resemble an IPMT of the pancreas...
- Rare case of fistula leading to the thigh arising from gastrointestinal operation three years agoTaro Oshikiri
Department of Surgery, Iwanaikyoukai Hospital, Iwanai, Japan
Dig Surg 19:344. 2002
- Prognostic value of intratumoral CD8+ T lymphocyte in extrahepatic bile duct carcinoma as essential immune responseTaro Oshikiri
Department of Surgical Oncology, Cancer Medicine, Division of Cancer Medicine, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
J Surg Oncol 84:224-8. 2003..CD8+ T cells have been identified as a prognostic factor in several cancers. Here, we investigate that the influence of CD8+ T cells on extrahepatic bile duct carcinoma (EBDC) patient survival...
- High expression of tumor-associated antigen RCAS1 in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma is an unfavorable prognostic markerKei Hiraoka
Surgical Oncology, Cancer Medicine, Division of Cancer Medicine, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Int J Cancer 99:418-23. 2002..090; p = 0.0090). These results suggested that RCAS1 might be a significant tumor marker for pancreatic adenocarcinoma and an unfavorable predictor for prognosis of patients who have undergone surgical resection...
- RCAS1 expression as a prognostic factor after curative surgery for extrahepatic bile duct carcinomaMasato Suzuoki
Department of Surgical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 9:388-93. 2002..We investigated the relationship between RCAS1 expression and clinicopathologic features and clinical outcome in patients with extrahepatic bile duct carcinoma (EBDC) who underwent curative resection...
- CD8+ tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes together with CD4+ tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes and dendritic cells improve the prognosis of patients with pancreatic adenocarcinomaAkira Fukunaga
Division of Cancer Medicine, Cancer Medicine, and Surgical Oncology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Pancreas 28:e26-31. 2004..In an experimental model, CD4+ lymphocytes together with CD8+ lymphocytes contributed significantly to tumor immunity...
- Tumor-associated antigen recognized by the 22-1-1 monoclonal antibody encourages colorectal cancer progression under the scanty CD8+ T cellsTaro Oshikiri
Department of Surgery, Hokkaido Gastroenterology Hospital and Surgical Oncology, Hokkaido University Hospital, Honcho 1jo, 1chome, Higashi, Sapporo 065 0014, Hokkaido, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 12:411-6. 2006..The objective of this study is to examine Tn glycan antigen function in colorectal cancer and to determine its relationship to CD8+ T cells and prognosis...
- CD4+ and CD8+ T cells cooperate to improve prognosis of patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinomaYasushi Cho
Division of Cancer Medicine, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido 060 8638, Japan
Cancer Res 63:1555-9. 2003..Multivariate analysis identified CD4/8(+/+) status, T classification, and N classification as independent prognostic factors. In conclusion, cooperation between CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cells correlates strongly with ESCC patient prognosis...
- Resection of lung metastasis from gallbladder carcinoma: immunohistochemistry of RCAS1 and CD8+T cells in primary and metastatic tumorsTaro Oshikiri
Department of Surgery, Hokkaido Gastroenterology Hospital, Honcho 1jo, 1chome, Sapporo, Hokkaido 065 0014, Japan
Cancer Lett 237:115-22. 2006..She has remained free of any evidence of recurrence in the 10 months and 4 years after the first surgery. The results that metastasis is solitary and infiltrated by CD8+T cells correspond with the present clinical history...
- Long-term results following thoracoscopic surgery for esophageal leiomyoma in four patientsHidehisa Yamada
Department of Surgery, Hokkaido Gastroenterology Hospital, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 54:1713-5. 2007..The advantages of thoracoscopic surgery for esophageal leiomyoma include its safety and long-term prevention of recurrence...
- Radical operation for recurring gastric carcinomaHidehisa Yamada
Department of Surgery, Hokkaido Gastroenterology Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 53:309-12. 2006..The effectiveness of surgical treatment for recurring gastric carcinoma is unclear. We conducted a retrospective review of our results with a radical surgical approach to the treatment of gastric cancer metastases...
- Adult intussusception due to enteric neoplasmsHidehisa Yamada
Hokkaido Gastroenterology Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 52:764-6. 2007
- Anicteric early bile duct carcinoma detection with magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatographyTaro Oshikiri
Department of Surgery, Hokkaido Gastroenterology Hospital, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 52:371-3. 2005..Based on these cases, it appears that magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography can play a significant role in the early detection of extrahepatic bile duct carcinoma and improve disease prognosis...
- Thymoma associated with hypogammaglobulinemia (Good's syndrome): report of a caseTaro Oshikiri
Department of Surgical Oncology, Hokkaido University Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Surg Today 32:264-6. 2002..In this respect, thymectomy was only beneficial when the thymoma proliferated and seemed to be more threatening than the hypogammaglobulinemia for the patient...
- [Risk factors for recurrence of stage II colon cancer]Yoshiki Okamoto
Department of Surgery, Kakogawa Municipal Hospital, Japan
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 38:1633-7. 2011..This study was designed to clarify risk factors for the recurrence of stage II colon cancer in patients and to determine possible treatment options for postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy...
- Clinicopathological studies of peripheral neuropathy in Churg-Strauss syndromeToshiko Nagashima
Department of Neurology, Teine Keijinkai Hospital, Hokkaido University, School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Neuropathology 22:299-307. 2002..These findings suggest that in addition to ischemic changes due to vasculitis some neurotoxic substances generated by the eosinophils may be involved in the development of neuropathy in CSS...