Affiliation: Hokkaido University
- Shinrin-yoku (forest-air bathing and walking) effectively decreases blood glucose levels in diabetic patientsY Ohtsuka
Department of Gerontotherapeutics, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Int J Biometeorol 41:125-7. 1998....
- Multicystic dysplastic kidney detected by prenatal ultrasonography: natural history and conservative managementT Okada
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, 260 8677 Chuo ku Chiba, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 19:207-10. 2003..The results of this study support the conclusion that a nonsurgical approach for patients with MCDK is advisable...
- Hyperbaric oxygenation therapy for simple adhesive postoperative intestinal obstruction in children: comparison of the use of a short tube versus a long tubeT Okada
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Chiba University, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Eur J Pediatr Surg 14:240-4. 2004..Therefore, we conclude that the use of an LT is not necessarily required for HBO therapy for simple APIO...
- Promoter polymorphism in the macrophage migration inhibitory factor gene is associated with obesityS Sakaue
First Department of Medicine, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:238-42. 2006..They were divided into three groups according to World Health Organization definitions: lean (body mass index (BMI) <25 kg/m2), overweight (25 < or = BMI < 30 kg/m2) and obese (BMI> or = 30 kg/m2)...
- Genetic linkage analysis of susceptibility to particle exposure in miceY Ohtsuka
Departments of Environmental Health Sciences and Anesthesiology Critical Care Medicine, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 22:574-81. 2000....
- Pulsed Doppler sonography for the diagnosis of strangulation in small bowel obstructionT Okada
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Chiba University, School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 36:430-5. 2001..CONCLUSION: Analysis of the hemodynamics in the SMA using PDS is useful to differentiate strangulating obstruction from simple obstruction...
- Development of a health guidance support system for lifestyle improvement. Committee of Health Evaluation Support System Council of Japan AMHTS InstitutionsT Aoshima
Hitachi, Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
Methods Inf Med 41:209-12. 2002..To provide automated advice for lifestyle adjustment based on an assessment of the results of a questionnaire and medical examination or health checkup data...
- Genetic linkage analysis of pulmonary fibrotic response to silica in miceY Ohtsuka
Dept of Internal Medicine, Iwamizawa Rosai Hospital, 4 jyo, Higashi 16 chome 5, Iwamizawa, Hokkaido 068 0004, Japan
Eur Respir J 28:1013-9. 2006..The present study demonstrates that genetic factors may play a significant role in fibrotic-lung responses to silica; one significant and two suggestive quantitative trait loci were identified...