Affiliation: Hokkaido University
- CD44 expression and growth factorsJ Hamada
Division of Cell Biology, Cancer Institute, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Front Biosci 3:d657-64. 1998..The modification of CD44 on both tumor and host cells by growth factors may play an important role in tumor progression...
- Induction of Tissue Factor Expression in Endothelial Cells by Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor and its Modulation by Fenofibric acidTakeaki Kaneko
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Thromb J 1:6. 2003..Fibrate can inhibit TF expression and therefore reduce the thrombogenecity of human atherosclerotic lesions...
- Increased oxidative DNA damage in mammary tumor cells by continuous epidermal growth factor stimulationJ Hamada
Division of Cancer Related Genes, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:214-9. 2001..In this study, we investigated the irreversible changes induced in ER-1 cells by a 1-month exposure to EGF and the possible involvement of oxidative stress...
- Inhibitory effects of malotilate on invasion and metastasis of rat mammary carcinoma cells by modifying the functions of vascular endothelial cellsH Nagayasu
Division of Pathology, Cancer Institute, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Br J Cancer 77:1371-7. 1998..These findings suggest that MT suppressed tumour metastasis by intensifying the cell-to-cell contact of endothelial cells, thus preventing tumour cells from invading vascular endothelium...
- Development of a yeast stop codon assay readily and generally applicable to human genesA Kataoka
First Department of Surgery, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Am J Pathol 159:1239-45. 2001....
- Gelsolin functions as a metastasis suppressor in B16-BL6 mouse melanoma cells and requirement of the carboxyl-terminus for its effectH Fujita
Division of Cancer Gene Regulation, Research Section of Disease Control, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Int J Cancer 93:773-80. 2001..Gelsolin may function as a metastasis suppressor as well as a tumor suppressor gene. The carboxyl-terminus of gelsolin is important for retardation of cell spreading, reduced chemotasis and metastasis suppression...
- Interaction of MCC2, a novel homologue of MCC tumor suppressor, with PDZ-domain Protein AIE-75S Ishikawa
Institute for Genetic Medicine Hokkaido University, Division of Cancer Related Genes, 060 0815, Sapporo, Japan
Gene 267:101-10. 2001..Because of negative expression of MCC2 in a panel of cancer cell-lines compared to the corresponding normal tissues, we suggest that further study is necessary to investigate a possible role of MCC2 as a tumor suppressor...