Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Hokkaido University
- Expression of inducible 6-phosphofructo-2-kinase/fructose-2,6-bisphosphatase/PFKFB3 isoforms in adipocytes and their potential role in glycolytic regulationToshiya Atsumi
Department of Medicine II, Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Kita 15, Nishi 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Diabetes 54:3349-57. 2005..These data expand the role of these structurally unique iPFK-2/PFKFB3 isoforms in the metabolic regulation of adipocytes...
- Phosphorylation of the 6-phosphofructo-2-kinase/fructose 2,6-bisphosphatase/PFKFB3 family of glycolytic regulators in human cancerHidenori Bando
Department of Medicine II, Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 11:5784-92. 2005..PFKFB3 protein is expressed in high levels in human tumors in situ. The purpose of this study was to determine the role of functional interactions between the phosphorylation of PFKFB3 and activated glycolysis in human cancer cells...
- Increased Fructose 2,6-bisphosphate in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of patients with diabetesToshiya Atsumi
Department of Medicine II, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 0812, Japan
Endocr J 54:517-20. 2007..These data suggest that hyperglycemia increases intracellular F2,6BP in immune cells. These findings may help to clarify the impaired function in immune cells in patients with diabetes...
- The potential role of macrophage migration inhibitory factor on the migration of vascular smooth muscle cellsToshiya Okamoto
Department of Medicine II, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 15:13-9. 2008..However, the functional role of MIF in VSMCs has not been elucidated. The aim of this study was to investigate the role of MIF on the migration of VSMCs...
- Clinical analysis of cognitive function in diabetic patients by MMSE and SPECTHirokatsu Niwa
Department of Internal Medicine II, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, North 15th, West 7th, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060 8638, Japan
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 72:142-7. 2006..The incidence of cognitive functional impairment in elderly, diabetic patients was significantly elevated and was accompanied by a reduction in cerebral blood flow in the fronto-temporal region, as determined by SPECT...
- A novel mutation of WFS1 gene in a Japanese man of Wolfram syndrome with positive diabetes-related antibodiesAkinobu Nakamura
Department of Medicine II, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, N-15, W-7, Kita-ku, Sapporo 060-8638, Japan
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 73:215-7. 2006..Genetic analysis revealed that WFS1 gene of the patient has a homozygous 5 base pairs (AAGGC) insertion at position 1279 in exon 8, causing a frameshift at codon 371 leading to premature termination at codon 443...
- The proinflammatory cytokine macrophage migration inhibitory factor regulates glucose metabolism during systemic inflammationToshiya Atsumi
Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Immunol 179:5399-406. 2007..Genetic MIF deficiency also promotes adipogenesis, which is in accord with a downstream role for MIF in the action of TNF-alpha. These studies support an important role for MIF in host glucose metabolism during sepsis...
- High expression of inducible 6-phosphofructo-2-kinase/fructose-2,6-bisphosphatase (iPFK-2; PFKFB3) in human cancersToshiya Atsumi
The Picower Institute for Medical Research NY, Manhasset, New York 10030, USA
Cancer Res 62:5881-7. 2002..These data indicate that iPFK-2 is abundantly expressed in human tumors in situ and may serve as an essential regulator of glycolysis during cell cycle progression and growth in an hypoxic microenvironment...
- Low-dose aspirin for primary prevention of atherosclerotic events in patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomized controlled trialHisao Ogawa
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, 1 1 1 Honjo, Kumamoto City, 860 8556, Japan
JAMA 300:2134-41. 2008..Previous trials have investigated the effects of low-dose aspirin on primary prevention of cardiovascular events, but not in patients with type 2 diabetes...