Affiliation: Hiroshima University
- Miwata T, Oka S, Tanaka S, Kagemoto K, Sanomura Y, Urabe Y, et al. Risk factors for esophageal stenosis after entire circumferential endoscopic submucosal dissection for superficial esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Surg Endosc. 2016;30:4049-56 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that refractory post-ESD stenosis occurs after entire circumferential esophageal ESD with muscle layer damage and ≥5 cm of longitudinal mucosal defect length. ..
- Tamaru Y, Oka S, Tanaka S, Hiraga Y, Kunihiro M, Nagata S, et al. Endoscopic submucosal dissection for anorectal tumor with hemorrhoids close to the dentate line: a multicenter study of Hiroshima GI Endoscopy Study Group. Surg Endosc. 2016;30:4425-31 pubmed publisher..No recurrence occurred during the follow-up period of 38Â months. ESD is safe and effective for anorectal tumors close to the dentate line in patients with hemorrhoids. ..
- Igawa A, Oka S, Tanaka S, Kunihara S, Nakano M, Aoyama T, et al. Major predictors and management of small-bowel angioectasia. BMC Gastroenterol. 2015;15:108 pubmed publisher..Type 1a angioectasias with oozing are indicated for PDI and type 1b angioectasias are indicated for PDI with APC or clipping. ..
- Tamaru Y, Oka S, Tanaka S, Nagata S, Hiraga Y, Kuwai T, et al. Long-term outcomes after treatment for T1 colorectal carcinoma: a multicenter retrospective cohort study of Hiroshima GI Endoscopy Research Group. J Gastroenterol. 2017;52:1169-1179 pubmed publisher..Our findings supported the JSCCR criteria for endoscopically curable T1 CRC. ER for T1 CRC did not worsen the clinical outcomes of patients who required additional surgical resection. ..
- Miwata T, Hiyama T, Quach D, Le H, Hua H, Oka S, et al. Differences in K-ras and mitochondrial DNA mutations and microsatellite instability between colorectal cancers of Vietnamese and Japanese patients. BMC Gastroenterol. 2014;14:203 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the developmental pathways of CRCs in the Vietnamese may differ from those of CRCs in the Japanese. ..
- Numata N, Oka S, Tanaka S, Yoshifuku Y, Miwata T, Sanomura Y, et al. Useful condition of chromoendoscopy with indigo carmine and acetic acid for identifying a demarcation line prior to endoscopic submucosal dissection for early gastric cancer. BMC Gastroenterol. 2016;16:72 pubmed publisher..5 % (5/67) in useless cases. Before ESD, chromoendoscopy with indigo carmine and acetic acid can be used for creating precise markings in protruded or flat elevated-type EGC or at the atrophic border on the oral side of EGCs. ..
- Hirano D, Oka S, Tanaka S, Sumimoto K, Ninomiya Y, Tamaru Y, et al. Clinicopathologic and endoscopic features of early-stage colorectal serrated adenocarcinoma. BMC Gastroenterol. 2017;17:158 pubmed publisher..Epithelial serration in the cancerous area and a non-TSA background indicated aggressive behavior in early-stage SACs. ..
- Yoshifuku Y, Sanomura Y, Oka S, Kurihara M, Mizumoto T, Miwata T, et al. Evaluation of the visibility of early gastric cancer using linked color imaging and blue laser imaging. BMC Gastroenterol. 2017;17:150 pubmed publisher..The improvement in visibility was significantly higher with LCI than that with BLI. ..