Affiliation: Hirosaki University School of Medicine
- Apple procyanidins induce tumor cell apoptosis through mitochondrial pathway activation of caspase-3Tomisato Miura
Department of Pathologic analysis, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Health Sciences, 66 1, Hon cho, Hirosaki, Aomori 036 8564, Japan
Carcinogenesis 29:585-93. 2008..Our results indicate that the oral administration of apple procyanidins inhibits the proliferation of tumor cells by inducing apoptosis through the intrinsic mitochondrial pathway...
- Optimization of calyculin A-induced premature chromosome condensation assay for chromosome aberration studiesTomisato Miura
Scientific Research Department, Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute AFRRI, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20889, USA
Cytometry A 79:1016-22. 2011..Published 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- Novel L-amino acid oxidase with antibacterial activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolated from epidermal mucus of the flounder Platichthys stellatusKosuke Kasai
Division of Medical Life Sciences, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Health Sciences, Japan
FEBS J 277:453-65. 2010..aureus. Thus, we demonstrated that this antibacterial protein, identified from P. stellatus-derived epidermal mucus, is a novel LAAO-like protein with antibacterial activity, similar to snake LAAOs...
- Enzymatic detection of precursor cell populations of preneoplastic foci positive for gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase in rat liverKimihiko Satoh
Department of Organic Function, Hirosaki University, School of Health Science, Hirosaki, Japan
Int J Cancer 115:711-6. 2005..Our results suggest that there are at least 2 closely related precursors, GST-P(+)/GGT(-) and GST-P(+)/GGT(+) phenotypes, of preneoplastic foci in rat chemical hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Identification of up-regulated and down-regulated cis-natural antisense transcripts in the human B lymphoblastic cell line IM-9 after X-ray irradiationMitsuru Chiba
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Division of Medical Life Sciences, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Health Sciences, Hirosaki, Aomori 036 8564, Japan
Mol Med Rep 5:1151-7. 2012..It is possible that these cis-NATs regulate the gene expression in a post-transcriptional fashion. The IR dose-dependent up- and down-regulation of these mRNAs/cis-NATs may be a marker for ionizing radiation...
- 4-Methylumbelliferone induces the expression of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase in cultured human skin fibroblastsToshiya Nakamura
Department of Medical Technology, Hirosaki University School of Health Sciences, Hirosaki, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 298:646-50. 2002..These results suggest that 4-methylumbelliferone induces the expression of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase, resulting in activation of matrix metalloproteinase-2, in cultured human skin fibroblasts...
- Hepatoid carcinoma of the skin: spontaneous rat skin hepatoid carcinoma with eosinophilic globules and crystals immunoreactive to alpha-1-antitrypsinMihoko Sutoh
Oyokyo Kidney Research Institute, 90 Yamazaki Kozawa, Hirosaki, 036 8243, Japan
Med Mol Morphol 42:118-22. 2009..These findings suggest that the characteristic crystals in this tumor may have originated from the globules that were emitted from the carcinoma cells after their death as a result of saturation with intracytoplasmic globules...
- Cytologic difference between benignity and malignancy in suspicious cases employing urine cytodiagnosis using a liquid-based methodKiyotada Washiya
Division of Medical Life Sciences, Department of Pathologic analysis, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Health Sciences, Hirosaki, Japan
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 33:169-74. 2011..To follow cases with atypical cells or suspicious cases on first examination by liquid-based cytology (LBC), comparing cases that became negative and those confirmed to be positive (urothelial carcinoma) with regard to the cell morphology...
- Rapid diagnostic method for the detection of diarrheagenic Escherichia coli by multiplex PCRMiyuki Fujioka
Division of Medical Life Sciences, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Health Sciences, Aomori 036 8564, Japan
Jpn J Infect Dis 62:476-80. 2009..We proved that these methods will contribute to reducing the cost for the reagents of mPCR reported elsewhere and could, therefore, contribute to the diagnosis of DEC in clinical laboratories...
- Nonclonal growth of preneoplastic cells positive for glutathione S-transferase P-form in the rat liverKimihiko Satoh
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Graduate School of Health Sciences, Hirosaki University, Hirosaki, Japan
Cancer Sci 103:1445-50. 2012..The rapid growth exceeded the rate of cell division, indicating that the growth of preneoplastic cells is based on a nonclonal penetration mechanism...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha is required for gastritis induced by Helicobacter felis infection in miceSuguru Hasegawa
Department of Bacteriology, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, 5 Zaifu cho, Hirosaki, Aomori 036 8562, Japan
Microb Pathog 37:119-24. 2004..felis infection as IFN-gamma and that an interaction between TNF-alpha and IFN-gamma might be required in pathogenesis of gastritis induced by Helicobacter infection...