Affiliation: Hamamatsu University School of Medicine
- Low plasma levels of hemostatic proteins during the induction phase in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: A retrospective study by the JACLS. Japan Association of Childhood Leukemia StudyTeruaki Hongo
Department of Pediatrics, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Pediatr Int 44:293-9. 2002..The purposes of this study were to examine the plasma levels of hemostatic proteins during the induction phase and the efficacy of prophylactic replacement of plasma-derived products...
- Two groups of Philadelphia chromosome-positive childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia classified by pretreatment multidrug sensitivity or resistance in in vitro testingTeruaki Hongo
Department of Pediatrics, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Japan
Int J Hematol 76:251-9. 2002..Of these, the SS subgroup of Ph ALL patients may be curable with chemotherapy and stem cell transplantation. For EFS improvement in the RR group, it may be necessary to use a new chemotherapy approach from initiation...
- Analysis of the circumstances at the end of life in children with cancer: symptoms, suffering and acceptanceTeruaki Hongo
Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Shizuoka, Japan
Pediatr Int 45:60-4. 2003..It is hoped that these data will contribute to the development of appropriate programs to address the challenges faced by these children...
- In vitro efficacy of l-asparaginase in childhood acute myeloid leukaemiaShuichi Okada
Department of Paediatrics, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Br J Haematol 123:802-9. 2003..In conclusion, cells from AML types M1, M4 and M5 were relatively sensitive to l-asparaginase, and M1 cells were as sensitive as those of cALL, suggesting that l-asparaginase treatment may be effective for these subtypes of AML...
- Analysis of the circumstances at the end of life in children with cancer: a single institution's experience in JapanYuji Fujii
Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, Japan
Pediatr Int 45:54-9. 2003..With the aim of improving the quality of life of children with cancer, this study presents an analysis of one hospital's experience with terminal care...
- Mutations of the PTPN11 and RAS genes in rhabdomyosarcoma and pediatric hematological malignanciesYuyan Chen
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45:583-91. 2006..Our data suggest that mutations of PTPN11 as well as RAS play a role in the pathogenesis of not only myeloid hematological malignancies but also a subset of RMS malignancies...
- Pilot study of ifosfamide/carboplatin/etoposide (ICE) for peripheral blood stem cell mobilization in patients with high-risk or relapsed medulloblastomaShuichi Okada
Department of Pediatrics, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Handayama 1 20 1, Hamamatsu, Japan
Childs Nerv Syst 23:407-13. 2007..The purpose of this study is to evaluate the stem cell mobilization capacity, anti-tumor effect, and feasibility of ifosfamide/carboplatin/etoposide (ICE) for transplant-eligible patients with medulloblastoma...
- Hereditary spherocytosis diagnosed with the eosin-5'-maleimide binding testToru Watanabe
Department of Pediatrics, Iwata City Hospital, Iwata, Japan
Pediatr Int 56:427-9. 2014..In Japan, this test is not widely used because the prevalence of HS is low. This test is a valuable screening test for the diagnosis of HS. ..
- Establishment of real-time polymerase chain reaction method for quantitative analysis of asparagine synthetase expressionTamotsu Irino
Department of Pediatrics, Shiga Medical Center for Children, Moriyama 524 0022, Japan
J Mol Diagn 6:217-24. 2004..Consequently, this method was useful enough in defining candidates for selective therapy that targets an AS deficiency...
- Differential regulation of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-1 by dexamethasone in glucocorticoid-sensitive and -resistant childhood lymphoblastic leukemiaShuji Sai
Department of Pediatrics, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, Hamamatsu 431 3192, Japan
Leuk Res 33:1696-8. 2009..Our data suggest that differential induction of 11beta-HSD1 contributes to the glucocorticoid sensitivity in leukemia...
- In vitro drug resistance to imatinib and mutation of ABL gene in childhood Philadelphia chromosome-positive (Ph+) acute lymphoblastic leukemiaHiroyuki Kawaguchi
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Leuk Lymphoma 46:273-6. 2005..A missense mutation of T to C (Y253H) of the ABL gene was identified in the resistant clone, suggesting that this mutation may play an etiological role in the rapid loss of drug sensitivity...
- Congenital anaplastic astrocytoma differentiated into pilocytic astrocytoma: an autopsy caseYoshifumi Arai
Department of Pathology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Higashi ku, Hamamatsu, Japan
Neuropathology 28:433-9. 2008....
- Critical findings of severe influenza A (H1N1) pneumonia in childrenHidetoshi Ishigaki
Department of Pediatrics, Iwata City Hospital, Iwata, Shizuoka, Japan
Pediatr Int 53:669-71. 2011..Pandemic influenza A (H1N1) causes severe pneumonia in children. The mechanism of development of respiratory failure in pneumonia patients remains unknown. This report describes clinical features of childhood influenza A pneumonia...
- Common gene expression signatures in t(8;21)- and inv(16)-acute myeloid leukaemiaHitoshi Ichikawa
Cancer Transcriptome Project, National Cancer Centre Research Institute, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Haematol 135:336-47. 2006..These distinct features of t(8;21)- and inv(16)-associated genes correlate with the bimodular structures of the chimaeric proteins (CBF-related AML1 and CBFbeta portions, and CBF-unrelated MTG8 and MYH11 portions)...
- Low frequency of KIT gene mutation in pediatric acute myeloid leukemia with inv(16)(p13q22): a study of the Japanese Childhood AML Cooperative Study GroupAkira Shimada
Int J Hematol 86:289-90. 2007