Genomes and Genes
Emi K Nishimura
Affiliation: Graduate School
- Dominant role of the niche in melanocyte stem-cell fate determinationEmi K Nishimura
Department of Molecular Genetics and Department of Dermatology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Shogoin Kawaharacho 53, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Nature 416:854-60. 2002..Our data indicate that the niche has a dominant role in the fate determination of melanocyte stem-cell progeny...
- Critical role of CDK2 for melanoma growth linked to its melanocyte-specific transcriptional regulation by MITFJinyan Du
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 6:565-76. 2004..Collectively, these data indicate that CDK2 activity in melanoma is largely maintained at the transcriptional level by MITF, and unlike other malignancies, it may be a suitable drug target in melanoma...
- Mechanisms of hair graying: incomplete melanocyte stem cell maintenance in the nicheEmi K Nishimura
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Melanoma Program in Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 307:720-4. 2005..Furthermore, physiologic aging of melanocyte stem cells was associated with ectopic pigmentation or differentiation within the niche, a process accelerated by mutation of the melanocyte master transcriptional regulator Mitf...
- c-Met expression is regulated by Mitf in the melanocyte lineageGael G McGill
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 281:10365-73. 2006..Finally, dominant-negative inhibition of Mitf resulted in profound resistance of melanocytes and melanoma cells to HGF-dependent matrix invasion, suggesting a physiologic role for this pathway in melanocytic development and melanoma...
- Inhibition of PAX3 by TGF-beta modulates melanocyte viabilityGuang Yang
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell 32:554-63. 2008....
- Bcl2 regulation by the melanocyte master regulator Mitf modulates lineage survival and melanoma cell viabilityGael G McGill
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 109:707-18. 2002..This linkage helps explain the vital roles of both Mitf and Bcl2 in the melanocyte lineage and the well-known treatment resistance of melanoma...
- [Stem cells in the mammalian hair follicle]Masatake Osawa
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard University, USA
Tanpakushitsu Kakusan Koso 49:727-33. 2004
- Topical drug rescue strategy and skin protection based on the role of Mc1r in UV-induced tanningJohn A D'Orazio
Melanoma Program, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Children s Hospital, 44 Binney Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 443:340-4. 2006..These data emphasize the essential role of intercellular MSH signalling in the tanning response, and suggest a clinical strategy for topical small-molecule manipulation of pigmentation...
- Epistatic connections between microphthalmia-associated transcription factor and endothelin signaling in Waardenburg syndrome and other pigmentary disordersKayo Sato-Jin
Department of Dermatology, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Aomori, Japan
FASEB J 22:1155-68. 2008..Collectively these data provide mechanistic and epistatic links between MITF and EDN/EDNRB, critical melanocytic survival factors and WS genes...