Affiliation: Graduate School
- Cholecystectomy in octogenarians: be carefulYasuyuki Fukami
Department of Surgery, Toyota Kosei Hospital, 500 1 Josui cho, Toyota, Aichi, 470 0396, Japan
Updates Surg 66:265-8. 2014..Cholecystectomy for symptomatic gallstone or acute cholecystitis can be safely performed even in octogenarians. However, care should be taken because they have comorbidities and limited functional reserves...
- A 12-mm carcinoid tumor of the minor duodenal papilla with lymph node metastasesYasuyuki Fukami
Department of Surgery, Toyota Kosei Hospital, 500 1 Josui cho, Toyota, Aichi 470 0396, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 43:74-7. 2013..Therefore, we believe that radical resection with tumor-free margins (i.e. pancreatoduodenectomy) is the treatment of choice...
- Efficacy of preoperative dexamethasone in patients with laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a prospective randomized double-blind studyYasuyuki Fukami
Department of Surgery, Shizuoka Saiseikai General Hospital, Shizuoka, 422 8527, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 16:367-71. 2009..However, its effect on other surgical outcomes such as pain and fatigue have been unclear. The purpose of this clinical study was to evaluate the efficacy of preoperative dexamethasone in ameliorating postoperative symptoms after LC...
- Salvage hepatectomy for perihilar malignancy treated initially with biliary self-expanding metallic stentsYasuyuki Fukami
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Surgery 153:627-33. 2013..The aim of this study was to report our experiences with this difficult resection...
- Secretory effects of a luminal bitter tastant and expressions of bitter taste receptors, T2Rs, in the human and rat large intestineIzumi Kaji
Laboratory of Physiology, Graduate School of Nutrition and Environmental Sciences, Institute for Environmental Science, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 296:G971-81. 2009..In conclusion, these results suggest that the T2R ligand, 6-PTU, evokes anion secretion, and such response is regulated by prostaglandins. This luminal bitter sensing mechanism may be important for host defense in the GI tract...
- Side-to-end anastomosis in a colostomy for acute malignant large-bowel obstruction: side-to-end anastomosis with a colostomy (STEC procedure)Yasuyuki Fukami
Department of Surgery, Shizuoka Saiseikai General Hospital, 1 1 1 Oshika, Shizuoka, 422 8527, Japan
Surg Today 39:265-8. 2009..In conclusion, a side-to-end anastomosis with a colostomy (STEC procedure) was found to be a simple, useful, and cost-effective technique for an acute malignant large-bowel obstruction, particularly in a high-risk patient...
- Value of laparoscopic appendectomy in perforated appendicitisYasuyuki Fukami
Department of Surgery, Nagoya Daini Red Cross Hospital, Nagoya, 466 8650, Japan
World J Surg 31:93-7. 2007..The purpose of this clinical study was to evaluate the efficacy of laparoscopic appendectomy in patients with perforated appendicitis...
- Diagnostic ability of MDCT to assess right hepatic artery invasion by perihilar cholangiocarcinoma with left-sided predominanceYasuyuki Fukami
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya, 466 8550, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci 19:179-86. 2012..The aim of this study was to assess the diagnostic ability of MDCT for right hepatic artery (RHA) invasion...
- Expression of short-chain fatty acid receptor GPR41 in the human colonHideaki Tazoe
Laboratory of Physiology, Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences, Institute for Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Suruga ku, Shizuoka, Japan
Biomed Res 30:149-56. 2009..Therefore, the present study suggests that GPR41 expressed in human colonic mucosa may function as a sensor for luminal SCFAs...
- Curative resection for a pancreatic endocrine carcinoma involving the portal veinEiji Sakamoto
Department of Surgery, Nagoya Daini Red Cross Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 51:1849-51. 2004..Microscopically, the tumor invaded the portal vein, common bile duct and main pancreatic duct. The postoperative course was uneventful, and he is now well without any evidence of recurrent disease 14 months after surgery...