Affiliation: Graduate School
- Unmet supportive needs of cancer patients in an acute care hospital in Japan--a census studyDaisuke Fujisawa
Department of Neuropsychiatry, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Support Care Cancer 18:1393-403. 2010..This study aims to comprehensively assess the unmet supportive needs of hospitalized cancer patients, as well as literacy and utilization of appropriate professional care...
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for depression among adults in Japanese clinical settings: a single-group studyDaisuke Fujisawa
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
BMC Res Notes 3:160. 2010..Empirical support for cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) for treating Japanese patients with major depression is lacking, therefore, a feasibility study of CBT for depression in Japanese clinical settings is urgently required...
- Prevalence and determinants of complicated grief in general populationDaisuke Fujisawa
Psycho Oncology Division, National Cancer Center East, Kashiwa shi, Chiba, Japan
J Affect Disord 127:352-8. 2010..Therefore, this study aimed to explore the prevalence and predictors of complicated grief among community dwelling individuals in Japan...
- Does the 'hikikomori' syndrome of social withdrawal exist outside Japan? A preliminary international investigationTakahiro A Kato
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi Higashi ku, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 47:1061-75. 2012..To explore whether the 'hikikomori' syndrome (social withdrawal) described in Japan exists in other countries, and if so, how patients with the syndrome are diagnosed and treated...
- Reliability and validity of the Japanese version of the Cognitive Therapy Awareness Scale: a scale to measure competencies in cognitive therapyDaisuke Fujisawa
Psycho Oncology Division, National Cancer Center East, Chiba, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 65:64-9. 2011..Furthermore, we explored optimal cutoff score to demonstrate required standard of CBT competency...
- The influence of alexithymia on psychological distress with regard to the seriousness of complicated grief and the time since bereavement in the Japanese general populationMinako Deno
Correspondence Division, Musashino University, Nishitokyo shi, Tokyo, Japan
J Affect Disord 149:202-8. 2013..The current study investigated whether the influence of alexithymia on psychological distress (PD) differed according to the seriousness of complicated grief (CG) and the time since bereavement in the Japanese general population...
- The relationships between complicated grief, depression, and alexithymia according to the seriousness of complicated grief in the Japanese general populationMinako Deno
Correspondence Division, Musashino University, Tokyo, Japan
J Affect Disord 135:122-7. 2011....
- Availability of psychiatric consultation-liaison services as an integral component of palliative care programs at Japanese cancer hospitalsAsao Ogawa
Psycho Oncology Division, Research Center for Innovative Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital East, Kashiwa, Chiba 277 8577, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 42:42-52. 2012..Our objective was to determine the availability and degree of integration between psychiatric consultation-liaison services and palliative care in Japan...
- Brief measure for screening complicated grief: reliability and discriminant validityMasaya Ito
National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e31209. 2012..Although investigations with help-seeking samples suggest that the BGQ is valid and reliable, it has not been validated in a broader population...
- Symptoms overlooked in hospitalized cancer patients: Impact of concurrent symptoms on oversight [corrected] by nursesKaya Miyajima
Department of Neuropsychiatry, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Palliat Support Care 12:95-100. 2014..The aim of this study was to examine the impact of concurrent symptoms on the overlooking of other symptoms in cancer inpatients...
- Current status of research on cognitive therapy/cognitive behavior therapy in JapanYutaka Ono
Center for Stress Management, Keio University Health Center National Institute of Mental Health National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Translational Medical Center, Tokyo, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 65:121-9. 2011..This marked a milestone in Japan's psychiatric care, where pharmacotherapy has historically been more common. In this article the authors review research on cognitive therapy/cognitive behavior therapy in Japan...
- Efficacy of cognitive behavioral therapy training using brief e-mail sessions in the workplace: a controlled clinical trialReiko Kojima
Department of Occupational Mental Health, Graduate School of Medical Science Kitasato University
Ind Health 48:495-502. 2010..Results of the present study suggest that CBT training cooperatively provided by CBT specialists and occupational health care staff using brief e-mail is effective in improving feelings of depression in workers...
- Incidence and risk factors of postoperative delirium in patients with esophageal cancerMari Takeuchi
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 19:3963-70. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the incidence and risk factors of postoperative delirium in patients with esophageal cancer...
- Cost-effectiveness of combination therapy versus antidepressant therapy for management of depression in JapanMitsuhiro Sado
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 43:539-47. 2009....
- Treatment response to psychiatric intervention and predictors of response among cancer patients with adjustment disordersKen Shimizu
Psycho Oncology Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Pain Symptom Manage 41:684-91. 2011..Although adjustment disorders (ADs) are common among patients with cancer and such patients are frequently referred to consultation-liaison psychiatrists, little is known about the clinical courses of these patients...
- Cost of anxiety disorders in Japan in 2008: a prevalence-based approachMitsuhiro Sado
Department of Health Policy and Management, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinanomachi 35, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
BMC Psychiatry 13:338. 2013..However, the cost of anxiety disorders in Japan has not yet been well researched. The goal of the present study was to estimate the total cost of anxiety disorders in Japan and to clarify the characteristics of this burden...
- Introducing the concept of modern depression in Japan; an international case vignette surveyTakahiro A Kato
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Affect Disord 135:66-76. 2011..We explored whether MTD is frequently seen in Japan and also in other countries, and if so, how patients with MTD are diagnosed and treated...