Genomes and Genes
- A weighting system and algorithm for aligning many phylogenetically related sequencesO Gotoh
Department of Biochemistry, Saitama Cancer Center Research Institute, Japan
Comput Appl Biosci 11:543-51. 1995..Consistency of nearly 90% was attained between structural and sequence alignments of multiple divergent globins, confirming the effectiveness of this strategy in improving the quality of multiple sequence alignment...
- Divergent structures of Caenorhabditis elegans cytochrome P450 genes suggest the frequent loss and gain of introns during the evolution of nematodesO Gotoh
Saitama Cancer Center Research Institute, Saitama, Japan
Mol Biol Evol 15:1447-59. 1998..All of these findings are explained better by the intron-late view than by the intron-early view...
- Gene structure and chromosomal location of a human bHLH transcriptional factor DEC1 x Stra13 x SHARP-2/BHLHB2M Teramoto
Department of Biochemistry, Hiroshima University School of Dentistry, Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8553, Japan
J Biochem 129:391-6. 2001..The DEC1 gene locates at Chromosome 3p25.3--26 by the FISH method. This is the first study to determine the genomic structure of the DEC1 gene subgroup...
- Structure, evolution, and liver-specific expression of sterol 12alpha-hydroxylase P450 (CYP8B)H Ishida
Department of Biochemistry, Hiroshima University School of Dentistry, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, 734 8553, Japan
J Biochem 126:19-25. 1999..The enhanced CYP8B mRNA expression in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats was significantly decreased by insulin within 3 h of its administration. These facts demonstrate a regulatory role of insulin in CYP8B expression as a suppressor...
- Membrane-bound transferrin-like protein (MTf): structure, evolution and selective expression during chondrogenic differentiation of mouse embryonic cellsK Nakamasu
Department of Biochemistry, Hiroshima University School of Dentistry, Kasumi 1 2 3, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1447:258-64. 1999..The structural characteristics and the expression pattern suggest that during development and in adult tissues, MTf has some functions that are different from those of other transferrins...
- Structural and phylogenetic analyses of RGD-CAP/beta ig-h3, a fasciclin-like adhesion protein expressed in chick chondrocytesT Kawamoto
Department of Biochemistry, Hiroshima University, School of Dentistry, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1395:288-92. 1998..Phylogenetic analysis showed that a portion of the common ancestor gene for RGD-CAP/beta ig-h3 and OSF2 was duplicated to form four repeat domains before the separation of the genes followed by the divergence of vertebrate species...
- Homology-based gene structure prediction: simplified matching algorithm using a translated codon (tron) and improved accuracy by allowing for long gapsO Gotoh
Saitama Cancer Center Research Institute, 818 Komuro Ina machi, Saitama 362 0806, Japan
Bioinformatics 16:190-202. 2000..Accurate prediction of CDSs may be achieved by directly matching the DNA sequence with a known protein sequence or profile of a homologous family member(s)...
- Structural characterization of the gene encoding rat 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 24-hydroxylaseY Ohyama
Department of Biochemistry, Hiroshima University School of Dentistry, Japan
Biochemistry 32:76-82. 1993..The structure of the gene is discussed in relation to present knowledge about the mechanism of regulation of the 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 24-hydroxylase and calcium homeostasis...
- Cloning and gene mapping of the mouse homologue of the CBFA2T1 gene associated with human acute myeloid leukemiaM Niwa-Kawakita
Laboratory of Experimental Animal Science, Saitama Cancer Center Research Institute, Japan
Genomics 29:755-9. 1995..The chromosomal location was also confirmed by fluorescence in situ hybridization...