Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Gifu Pharmaceutical University
- Morikawa Y, Kezuka C, Endo S, Ikari A, Soda M, Yamamura K, et al. Acquisition of doxorubicin resistance facilitates migrating and invasive potentials of gastric cancer MKN45 cells through up-regulating aldo-keto reductase 1B10. Chem Biol Interact. 2015;230:30-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that AKR1B10 is a DOX-resistance gene in the gastric cancer cells, and is responsible for elevating the migrating and invasive potentials of the cells through induction of MMP2. ..
- Matsunaga T, Hojo A, Yamane Y, Endo S, El Kabbani O, Hara A. Pathophysiological roles of aldo-keto reductases (AKR1C1 and AKR1C3) in development of cisplatin resistance in human colon cancers. Chem Biol Interact. 2013;202:234-42 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest the involvement of up-regulated AKR1C1, AKR1C3 and proteasome in CDDP resistance of colon cancers and support a chemotherapeutic role for their inhibitors. ..
- Matsunaga T, Hosogai M, Arakaki M, Endo S, El Kabbani O, Hara A. 9,10-phenanthrenequinone induces monocytic differentiation of U937 cells through regulating expression of aldo-keto reductase 1C3. Biol Pharm Bull. 2012;35:1598-602 pubmed..These results suggest that ROS formation during 9,10-PQ treatment acutely leads to apoptosis of U937 cells and the initiation of monocytic differentiation, which proceeds after the provisional overexpression of AKR1C3. ..
- Matsunaga T, Endo S, Maeda S, Ishikura S, Tajima K, Tanaka N, et al. Characterization of human DHRS4: an inducible short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase enzyme with 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2008;477:339-47 pubmed publisher..The results suggest a novel mechanism of cold inactivation and role of the inducible human DHRS4 in 3beta-hydroxysteroid synthesis and xenobiotic carbonyl metabolism. ..
- Sonoki H, Tanimae A, Endo S, Matsunaga T, Furuta T, Ichihara K, et al. Kaempherol and Luteolin Decrease Claudin-2 Expression Mediated by Inhibition of STAT3 in Lung Adenocarcinoma A549 Cells. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..The intake of foods and nutrients rich in these flavonoids may prevent lung adenocarcinoma development. ..
- Matsunaga T, Yamane Y, Iida K, Endo S, Banno Y, El Kabbani O, et al. Involvement of the aldo-keto reductase, AKR1B10, in mitomycin-c resistance through reactive oxygen species-dependent mechanisms. Anticancer Drugs. 2011;22:402-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a role of AKR1B10 in the development of MMC resistance, which may be mediated by its ability to detoxify cytotoxic aldehydes including 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal. ..
- Matsunaga T, Shinoda Y, Inoue Y, Endo S, El Kabbani O, Hara A. Protective effect of rat aldo-keto reductase (AKR1C15) on endothelial cell damage elicited by 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal. Chem Biol Interact. 2011;191:364-70 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data indicate an anti-atherogenic function of AKR1C15 through the protection of endothelial cells from damage elicited by toxic lipids such as HNE. ..
- Matsunaga T, Arakaki M, Kamiya T, Endo S, El Kabbani O, Hara A. Involvement of an aldo-keto reductase (AKR1C3) in redox cycling of 9,10-phenanthrenequinone leading to apoptosis in human endothelial cells. Chem Biol Interact. 2009;181:52-60 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that AKR1C3 is a key enzyme in the initial step of 9,10-PQ-induced cytotoxicity in HAECs. ..