Affiliation: Fujita Health University
- Clarifying the impact of polycomb complex component disruption in human cancersYukiya Yamamoto
Department of Hematology, Fujita Health University, 1 98 Dengakugakubo, Kutsukake cho, Toyoake, Aichi 470 1192, Japan
Mol Cancer Res 12:479-84. 2014..Furthermore, this perspective proposes the need for additional functional studies to clarify the oncogenic mechanism by which BCOR and BCORL1 are disrupted in cancers, and how this may lead to the development of novel therapeutics...
- Isolation of human mAbs that directly modulate FMS-related tyrosine kinase 3 signalingYukiya Yamamoto
Department of Hematology, School of Medicine, Fujita Health University, Aichi, Japan
Cancer Sci 103:350-9. 2012..In addition, 3E6 might be a potential scaffold for novel dendritic cell-based immunotherapies...
- BCOR as a novel fusion partner of retinoic acid receptor alpha in a t(X;17)(p11;q12) variant of acute promyelocytic leukemiaYukiya Yamamoto
Department of Hematology, School of Medicine, Fujita Health University, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
Blood 116:4274-83. 2010..These results highlight essential features of pathogenesis in APL in more detail. BCOR appears to be involved not only in human congenital diseases, but also in a human cancer...
- A varicella outbreak in B-cell lymphoma patients receiving rituximab-containing chemotherapyAkinao Okamoto
Department of Hematology, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Japan Electronic address
J Infect Chemother 20:774-7. 2014..These findings suggest that zoster patients should be strictly isolated in hematology and oncology ward, and prophylactic acyclovir should be considered for such patients when exposed to zoster/varicella. ..
- Chronic myeloid leukemia following chemotherapy with 5'-deoxy-5-fluorouridine for gastric cancerMotohiro Tsuzuki
Department of Medicine, Fujita Health University, School of Medicine, Toyoake
Intern Med 47:1739-41. 2008..He was placed on imatinib therapy, and achieved a major molecular response 10 months after the initiation of therapy. This is the first reported case of therapy-related CML following 5'-DFUR treatment...
- Differences in outcome for consecutive patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma before and after the advent of rituximab: a single-center experienceAkinao Okamoto
Department of Hematology, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Kutsukake cho, Toyoake, Japan
Hematology 18:74-80. 2013..Further investigations are warranted in the hope of improving outcomes for younger patients with DLBCL...
- A novel RUNX1-C11orf41 fusion gene in a case of acute myeloid leukemia with a t(11;21)(p14;q22)Akihiro Abe
Department of Hematology, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
Cancer Genet 205:608-11. 2012..This suggested that the RUNX1 breakpoint was in intron 6 and had generated alternative fusion splice variants. A reciprocal C11orf41-RUNX1 fusion was not detected. Thus, we identified C11orf41 as a novel fusion partner of RUNX1 in AML...
- Severe hepatitis associated with varicella zoster virus infection in a patient with diffuse large B cell lymphoma treated with rituximab-CHOP chemotherapyAkinao Okamoto
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, 1 98 Dengakugakubo, Kutsukake cho, Toyoake 470 1192, Japan
Int J Hematol 96:516-20. 2012..We suggest that the use of chemotherapy for immune-suppressed elderly lymphoma patients may involve the risk of severe VZV infection...
- Successful pregnancy in a patient with chronic myeloid leukemia under treatment with imatinibMotohiro Tsuzuki
Department of Internal Medicine, Fujita Health University, School of Medicine, Toyoake
Intern Med 48:1433-5. 2009..CML was in MMR at discovery of pregnancy and the fetus had been exposed to imatinib for 5 weeks. Treatment was discontinued, but MMR persisted during gestation...