Affiliation: Fujita Health University
- Development of a novel type of shoe to improve the efficiency of knee-ankle-foot orthoses with a medial single hip joint (Primewalk orthoses): a novel type of shoe for Primewalk orthosisToru Suzuki
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Fujita Health University Nanakuri Sanatorium, 424 1, Mukaubiro, Otori, Hisai, Mie 514 1295, Japan
Prosthet Orthot Int 29:303-11. 2005..It was concluded that the modified new heel cushion of the shoe provided freedom to the lower legs and thereby increased walking efficiency...
- Incidence and consequence of falls in inpatient rehabilitation of stroke patientsToru Suzuki
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Nanakuri Sanatorium, Fujita Health University, 424 1 Mukoubiro, Ohdori, Hisai, Mie, Japan
Exp Aging Res 31:457-69. 2005..Those with cognitive subscore on the FIM lower than 29 were prone to fall. Also, deteriorated motor and cognitive functions were associated with a high risk of falls...
- Design of the Wearable Power-Assist Locomotor (WPAL) for paraplegic gait reconstructionShigeo Tanabe
School of Health Sciences, Fujita Health University, Japan
Disabil Rehabil Assist Technol 8:84-91. 2013..To develop and clinically evaluate a novel assistive walking system, the Wearable Power-Assist Locomotor (WPAL)...
- Acute aortic dissection presenting with primarily abdominal pain: a rare manifestation of a deadly diseaseGilbert R Upchurch
University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0329, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 19:367-73. 2005....
- Contemporary results of surgery in acute type A aortic dissection: The International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection experienceSanti Trimarchi
Istituto Policlinico S Donato, Milanese, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129:112-22. 2005....
- Association of painless acute aortic dissection with increased mortalitySeung Woo Park
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 79:1252-7. 2004..To evaluate the clinical characteristics and outcomes of patients with painless acute aortic dissection (AAD)...
- Plasma levels of metalloproteinases-9 and -2 in the acute and subacute phases of type A and type B aortic dissectionGiuseppe Sangiorgi
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Istituto Policlinico San Donato, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 7:307-15. 2006..Elevation of MMPs might represent an opportunity to diagnostically characterize acute or chronic aortic processes. We examined the potential diagnostic role of MMP-9 and MMP-2 in different phases of aortic dissection...
- Role and results of surgery in acute type B aortic dissection: insights from the International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection (IRAD)Santi Trimarchi
Cardiovascular Center E Malan, Policlinico San Donato, Via Morandi 30, 20097 San Donato Milanese, Italy
Circulation 114:I357-64. 2006....
- Partial thrombosis of the false lumen in patients with acute type B aortic dissectionThomas T Tsai
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5853, USA
N Engl J Med 357:349-59. 2007..Patency or thrombosis of the false lumen in type B acute aortic dissection has been found to predict outcomes. The prognostic implications of partial thrombosis of the false lumen have not yet been elucidated...
- The role of DC-STAMP in maintenance of immune tolerance through regulation of dendritic cell functionYumi Sawatani
Department of Cell Differentiation, Sakaguchi Laboratory of Developmental Biology, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Int Immunol 20:1259-68. 2008..Our results indicate that DC-STAMP is required for proper regulation of DC activity and maintenance of immune self-tolerance...
- Predicting death in patients with acute type a aortic dissectionRajendra H Mehta
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Circulation 105:200-6. 2002..Given the high mortality rates in patients with type A aortic dissection, predictive tools to identify patients at increased risk of death are needed to assist clinicians for optimal treatment...