Affiliation: Ehime University
- Megakaryoblastic leukemia cell line MOLM-16 derived from minimally differentiated acute leukemia with myeloid/NK precursor phenotypeYoshinobu Matsuo
Fujisaki Cell Center, Hayashibara Biochemical Labs Inc, Fujisaki, Okayama 702 8006, Japan
Leuk Res 27:165-71. 2003....
- Concomitant inhibition of Mdm2-p53 interaction and Aurora kinases activates the p53-dependent postmitotic checkpoints and synergistically induces p53-mediated mitochondrial apoptosis along with reduced endoreduplication in acute myelogenous leukemiaKensuke Kojima
Department of Hematology, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
Blood 112:2886-95. 2008..Our findings provide the molecular rationale for concomitant targeting of Aurora kinases and Mdm2 in AML where TP53 mutations are rare and downstream p53 signaling is mostly intact...
- FLJ10849, a septin family gene, fuses MLL in a novel leukemia cell line CNLBC1 derived from chronic neutrophilic leukemia in transformation with t(4;11)(q21;q23)K Kojima
First Department of Internal Medicine, Ehime University School of Medicine, Ehime, Japan
Leukemia 18:998-1005. 2004..The established cell line, CNLBC1, could provide a useful model for analyzing the pathogenesis of MLL-septin leukemias and chronic neutrophilic leukemia...
- Hypocellular acute promyelocytic leukemia with a tetraploid clone characterized by two t(15;17)Kensuke Kojima
The First Department of Internal Medicine, Ehime University School of Medicine, Shingenobu, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 145:169-71. 2003..The unique karyotype largely contributed to the cell morphology and marrow hypoplasia, while it may not have affected on the prognosis of the acute promyelocytic leukemia...
- Cyclic thrombocytopenia and polycythemia veraK Kojima
Department of Medicine II, Okayama University Medical School, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Ann Hematol 82:61-3. 2003..We suggest that at least some cases of polycythemia vera may have an unstable hematopoietic stem cell pool in nature, which could contribute to the development of unprovoked cyclic thrombocytopenia...
- A novel fusion variant of the MORF and CBP genes detected in therapy-related myelodysplastic syndrome with t(10;16)(q22;p13)Kensuke Kojima
Department of Internal Medicine II, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama University, Japan
Br J Haematol 120:271-3. 2003..This is the first reported case of t-MDS associated with t(10;16), and provides molecular evidence that the novel MORF-CBP and/or CBP-MORF fusion protein(s) might play an important role in the development of t-MDS...
- Peripheral blood circulating immature cell counts predict CD34+ cell yields in G-CSF-induced PBPC mobilization in healthy donorsTeruhiko Kozuka
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Blood Transfusion, Okayama University Medical School, Japan
Transfusion 44:526-32. 2004..The correlation of CIC counts in PB with CD34+ cell yield and its usefulness was evaluated in G-CSF-induced PBPC mobilization for healthy donors...
- Successful treatment with cyclosporin A of myelodysplastic syndrome with erythroid hypoplasia associated with t(6;8)(q15;q22)Shiro Takata
Department of Medicine II, Okayama University Medical School, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 140:167-9. 2003..To our knowledge, the t(6:8) has never been described in MDS...
- Predictive value of circulating immature cell counts in peripheral blood for timing of peripheral blood progenitor cell collection after G-CSF plus chemotherapy-induced mobilizationTeruhiko Kozuka
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Okayama University Medical School, Okayama, Japan
Transfusion 42:1514-22. 2002..In an attempt to determine the optimal timing for peripheral blood progenitor cell (PBPC) collection, the usefulness of circulating immature cell (CIC) counts in PB was evaluated...
- Autoimmune neutropenia associated with multiple sclerosisTeruhiko Kozuka
Department of Internal Medicine II, Okayama University Medical School, Okayama
Intern Med 42:102-4. 2003..Despite a wide spectrum of clinical manifestations in multiple sclerosis, autoimmune neutropenia has never been reported previously...
- Specificity of polymerase chain reaction-based clonality analysis of immunoglobulin heavy chain gene rearrangement for the detection of bone marrow infiltrate in B-cell lymphoma-associated haemophagocytic syndromeKensuke Kojima
Department of Medicine II, Okayama University Medical School, Okayama, Japan
Br J Haematol 119:616-21. 2002..PCR-based demonstration of clonal B-cell populations in marrow would add an extra dimension to B-LAHS diagnosis...
- Thymic epithelial hyperplasia with nodular sclerosis Hodgkin's diseaseWataru Ito
Second Department of Medicine, Okayama University Medical School, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Leuk Lymphoma 43:2229-31. 2002..Our findings suggest that thymic hyperplasia might be directly involved in the pathology of at least some cases of Hodgkin's disease...
- Can t(8;21) oligoblastic leukemia be called a myelodysplastic syndrome?Kinuyo Kaneda
Department of Medicine II, Okayama University Medical School, Okayama, Japan
Eur J Haematol 69:165-70. 2002....
- Multilineage involvement in hypereosinophilic syndrome terminating in granulocytic sarcoma and leukaemic transformation with trisomy 8Nobuharu Fujii
Department of Internal Medicine II, Okayama University Medical School, Okayama, Japan
Br J Haematol 119:716-9. 2002..Our observation suggests that HES is a multilineage myeloproliferative disorder involving precursors of at least the eosinophil, neutrophil and erythroid lineages...
- Expression of SOCS3 mRNA in bone marrow cells from CML patients associated with cytogenetic response to IFN-alphaKazuto Takeuchi
First Department of Internal Medicine, Ehime University School of Medicine, Shigenobu, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Leuk Res 29:173-8. 2005....
- Follicular dendritic cell tumor as an unknown primary tumorYoshihiro Yakushijin
Department of Bioregulatory Medicine, Ehime University Graduate School of Medicine, Tohon shi, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 12:56-8. 2007..In conclusion, we found this unknown primary tumor to be consistent with a follicular dendritic cell tumor with anaplastic features...
- Risk of neutropenic fever and early infectious complications after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for malignant diseasesKeiko Fujii
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Okayama University Medical School, Japan
Int J Hematol 76:186-91. 2002..Although the clinical indications for auto-PBSCT can be extended to elderly patients, thorough precautions should be taken against infectious complications during the pre-engraftment phase...
- Induction of CD28 on the new myeloma cell line MOLP-8 with t(11;14)(q13;q32) expressing delta/lambda type immunoglobulinYoshinobu Matsuo
Fujisaki Cell Center, Hayashibara Biochemical Labs, Inc, 675 1 Fujisaki, Okayama 702 8006, Japan
Leuk Res 28:869-77. 2004..The novel MOLP-8 cell line together with the present myeloma cell lines will present useful model systems in the investigation of the biology of MM...
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase inhibition enhances nuclear proapoptotic function of p53 in acute myelogenous leukemia cellsKensuke Kojima
Section of Molecular Hematology and Therapy, Department of Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy, M D Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer Res 67:3210-9. 2007..This is the first report showing that the Raf/MEK/ERK pathway regulates the subcellular localization of p53 and the relative contribution of transcription-dependent and transcription-independent pathways in p53-mediated apoptosis...
- Dependence of the community effect of cultured cardiomyocytes on the cell network patternTomoyuki Kaneko
Department of Biomedical Information, Institute of Biomaterials and Bioengineering, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 0062, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 356:494-8. 2007..This indicates that on-chip single-cell-based cardiomyocyte communities might be able to model a heart tissue accurately enough to be used in practical applications such as drug screening...
- Concomitant inhibition of MDM2 and Bcl-2 protein function synergistically induce mitochondrial apoptosis in AMLKensuke Kojima
Section of Molecular Hematology and Therapy, Department of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cell Cycle 5:2778-86. 2006..Our data suggest that combined targeting of Mdm2 and Bcl-2 proteins could offer considerable therapeutic promise in AML...
- Role of the community effect of cardiomyocyte in the entrainment and reestablishment of stable beating rhythmsKensuke Kojima
Department of Life Sciences, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 3 8 1 Komaba, Meguro, Tokyo 153 8902, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 351:209-15. 2006....
- Association of increased type I collagen expression and relative stromal overgrowth in mouse epididymis neonatally exposed to diethylstilbestrolKoji Yamazaki
Department of Bioenvironmental Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Mol Reprod Dev 72:291-8. 2005..These results suggest that the increased type I collagen expression is associated with the relative stromal overgrowth in the epididymis of DES-treated mice...
- Acute myeloid leukemia cell lines MOLM-17 and MOLM-18 derived from patient with advanced myelodysplastic syndromesYoshinobu Matsuo
Fujisaki Cell Center, Hayashibara Biochemical Labs Inc, 675 1 Fujisaki, Okayama 702 8006, Japan
Leuk Res 29:701-10. 2005....
- Gene expression profiling of cathepsin D, metallothioneins-1 and -2, osteopontin, and tenascin-C in a mouse spinal cord injury model by cDNA microarray analysisMasayuki Hashimoto
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, 260 8677, Chiba, Japan
Acta Neuropathol 109:165-80. 2005..This system is potentially useful for identifying genes that are involved in the response to SCI...