Affiliation: Division of Advanced Technology and Development
- Coexistence of multiple genotypes, including newly identified genotypes, in outbreaks of gastroenteritis due to Norovirus in JapanTsutomu Kageyama
Department of Clinical Genomics, BML, Inc, Matoba 1361 1, Kawagoe, Saitama 350 1101, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 42:2988-95. 2004..On the other hand, single genotypes were observed mostly in outbreaks that originated in semiclosed communities. Thus, the number of NV genotypes in each outbreak depended on the route of transmission...
- Broadly reactive and highly sensitive assay for Norwalk-like viruses based on real-time quantitative reverse transcription-PCRTsutomu Kageyama
Section of Infectious Disease, R and D Center, BML, Kawagoe, Saitama 350 1101, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 41:1548-57. 2003..Our new assay is free from carryover DNA contamination and detects low copy numbers of NLV RNA. It can be used as a routine assay for diagnosis as well as for elucidation of the epidemiology of NLV infections...
- Genogroup-specific PCR primers for detection of Norwalk-like virusesShigeyuki Kojima
Section of Infectious Disease, R and D Center, BML, 1361-1, Matoba, Kawagoe, Saitama 350-1101, Japan
J Virol Methods 100:107-14. 2002..Therefore, new primer sets are extremely useful for the amplification and rapid diagnosis of nonbacterial gastroenteritis due to NLV as well as for epidemiological studies...
- Poly(A)- and primer-independent RNA polymerase of NorovirusShuetsu Fukushi
R and D Center, BioMedical Laboratories, Kawagoe, Saitama 350-1101, Japan
J Virol 78:3889-96. 2004..The active recombinant NV RdRp will be of benefit to studies of NV replication and will facilitate the development of specific inhibitors of NV proliferation...
- [Rapid and efficient detection method of Norwalk virus]Michiyo Shinohara
Saitama Institute of Public Health
Nippon Rinsho 60:1181-7. 2002..TaqMan-PCR detected NV genome from 79 of 80 specimens(98.8%); this method showed the highest sensitivity of all other RT-PCR tested. Moreover, TaqMan-PCR was considered to be useful to recognize genogroup of NV correctly...
- Phylogenetic analysis of the complete genome of 18 Norwalk-like virusesKazuhiko Katayama
Department of Virology II, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 4 7 1 Gakuen, Musashi Murayama, Tokyo 208 0011, Japan
Virology 299:225-239. 2002..This method will facilitate global surveying as well as epidemiologic study on NLV...
- Norovirus and sapovirus infections in ThailandRatigorn Guntapong
National Institute of Health, Department of Medical Sciences, Ministry of Public Health, Nonthaburi 11000, Thailand
Jpn J Infect Dis 57:276-8. 2004..One isolated SaV strain represented a recently discovered novel genogroup within the SaV genus (SG-V), and another isolated SaV strain represented a novel SaV genogroup II cluster...
- Detection of human sapovirus by real-time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reactionTomoichiro Oka
Department of Virology II, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Musashi Murayama, Tokyo, Japan
J Med Virol 78:1347-53. 2006..This is the first real-time RT-PCR system that could detect all genogroups of human sapoviruses...
- The global circulation of seasonal influenza A (H3N2) virusesColin A Russell
Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Science 320:340-6. 2008....