Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Chugai Research Institute for Molecular Medicine
- A novel testis-specific metallothionein-like protein, tesmin, is an early marker of male germ cell differentiationT Sugihara
National Institute of Bioscience and Human Technology, Agency of Industrial Science and Technology, 1 1 Higashi, Tsukuba, 305 8566, Japan
Genomics 57:130-6. 1999..Furthermore, adult W/Wv sterile mice that harbor the c-kit mutation lacked tesmin expression. The gene is assigned to mouse chromosome 19B, which has been reported to translocate (11;19) in male sterile mice...
- Gros1, a potential growth suppressor on chromosome 1: its identity to basement membrane-associated proteoglycan, leprecanS C Kaul
National Institute of Bioscience and Human Technology, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Oncogene 19:3576-83. 2000..We describe here cloning, expression and biological activity analysis implying that this novel proteoglycan is a potential growth suppressor on chromosome 1p31, frequently altered in many malignancies...
- A novel alternatively spliced form of murine vascular endothelial growth factor, VEGF 115T Sugihara
National Institute of Bioscience and Human Technology, Agency of Industrial Science and Technology, 1 1 Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:3033-8. 1998..We analyzed these three P1 clones on Southern blots with common and specific probes for VEGF 164 and VEGF 115. The results support the hypothesis that VEGF 115 is a new alternatively spliced form of mouse VEGF...
- The ARF-p53 senescence pathway in mouse and human cellsR Wadhwa
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Histol Histopathol 19:311-6. 2004....
- Genetic differences between the pancytosolic and perinuclear forms of murine mortalinR Wadhwa
Children s Medical Research Institute, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Exp Cell Res 226:381-6. 1996..Furthermore, there appears to be a correlation between frequency of spontaneous immortalization of cultured mouse fibroblasts and the mot loci present in the mouse strain from which they were derived...
- Cloning and characterization of a novel gene, striamin, that interacts with the tumor suppressor protein p53R Wadhwa
Chugai Research Institute for Molecular Medicine, 153 2 Nagai, Niihari Mura, Niihari Gun, Ibaraki 300 41, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:14948-55. 1999..Furthermore, it repressed p53 activity in p53-mediated reporter assays. Fluorescence in situ hybridization with a mouse P1 genomic clone localized the gene to chromosome 12C3, which is syntenic to human chromosome 14q21-22...
- Pex19p dampens the p19ARF-p53-p21WAF1 tumor suppressor pathwayT Sugihara
Chugai Research Institute for Molecular Medicine, 153 2 Nagai, Niihari Mura, Ibaraki 300 41, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:18649-52. 2001..The data demonstrated a novel mechanism of down-regulation of the p19ARF-p53 pathway...
- Cell cycle analysis and expression of cell cycle regulator genes in myeloma cells overexpressing cyclin D1K Yata
Division of Haematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki, Okayama, Japan
Br J Haematol 114:591-9. 2001....
- Homozygous missense mutation (band 3 Fukuoka: G130R): a mild form of hereditary spherocytosis with near-normal band 3 content and minimal changes of membrane ultrastructure despite moderate protein 4.2 deficiencyT Inoue
Department of Medicine, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki City, Japan
Br J Haematol 102:932-9. 1998..2 deficiencies...
- Expression of protein gene product 9.5 (PGP9.5)/ubiquitin-C-terminal hydrolase 1 (UCHL-1) in human myeloma cellsT Otsuki
Department of Hygiene, Kawasaki Medical School, 577 Matsushima, Kurashiki, Japan
Br J Haematol 127:292-8. 2004..5. These results suggested that PGP9.5 may be a good marker for myeloma among haematological malignancies. In addition, it may indicate certain cellular features of myeloma cells, such as sensitivity to proteasome inhibitors...