Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Chiba University
- Nakayama T, Yamashita M. The TCR-mediated signaling pathways that control the direction of helper T cell differentiation. Semin Immunol. 2010;22:303-9 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on the TCR signal strength and the TCR-mediated signaling pathways that control the differentiation into these four Th cell subsets. ..
- Shinoda K, Hirahara K, Iinuma T, Ichikawa T, Suzuki A, Sugaya K, et al. Thy1+IL-7+ lymphatic endothelial cells in iBALT provide a survival niche for memory T-helper cells in allergic airway inflammation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2842-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, Thy1(+)IL-7-producing LECs control chronic allergic airway inflammation by providing a survival niche for memory-type Tpath2 cells. ..
- Hirahara K, Nakayama T. CD4+ T-cell subsets in inflammatory diseases: beyond the Th1/Th2 paradigm. Int Immunol. 2016;28:163-71 pubmed publisher..To this end, we propose another model--the pathogenic T-helper population disease-induction model--as a possible mechanism for the induction and/or persistence of immune-mediated inflammatory diseases. ..
- Endo Y, Asou H, Matsugae N, Hirahara K, Shinoda K, Tumes D, et al. Obesity Drives Th17 Cell Differentiation by Inducing the Lipid Metabolic Kinase, ACC1. Cell Rep. 2015;12:1042-55 pubmed publisher..Thus, ACC1 confers the appropriate function of RORÎ³t through fatty acid synthesis and regulates the obesity-related pathology of Th17 cells. ..
- Watanabe Y, Onodera A, Kanai U, Ichikawa T, Obata Ninomiya K, Wada T, et al. Trithorax complex component Menin controls differentiation and maintenance of T helper 17 cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:12829-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, Menin orchestrates Th17 cell differentiation and function by regulating both the induction and maintenance of target gene expression. ..
- Shinoda K, Hirahara K, Nakayama T. Maintenance of pathogenic Th2 cells in allergic disorders. Allergol Int. 2017;66:369-376 pubmed publisher..A greater understanding of the functional molecules or signaling pathways that regulate the inflammatory niche for Tpath2 cells may aid in the design of more effective treatments for chronic inflammatory disorders. ..
- Onodera A, Kiuchi M, Kokubo K, Kato M, Ogino T, Horiuchi S, et al. Menin Controls the Memory Th2 Cell Function by Maintaining the Epigenetic Integrity of Th2 Cells. J Immunol. 2017;199:1153-1162 pubmed publisher..This study confirmed the critical role of Menin in Th2 cell-mediated immune responses. ..
- Hayashizaki K, Kimura M, Tokoyoda K, Hosokawa H, Shinoda K, Hirahara K, et al. Myosin light chains 9 and 12 are functional ligands for CD69 that regulate airway inflammation. Sci Immunol. 2016;1:eaaf9154 pubmed publisher..Thus, CD69-Myl9/12 interaction is a key event in the recruitment of activated CD69+ T cells to inflamed tissues and could be a therapeutic target for intractable airway inflammatory diseases. ..
- Nakayama T, Kimura M. Memory Th1/Th2 cell generation controlled by Schnurri-2. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2010;684:1-10 pubmed..A repressor molecule Shn-2 plays an important role in this process. ..
- Nakayama T, Yamashita M. Critical role of the Polycomb and Trithorax complexes in the maintenance of CD4 T cell memory. Semin Immunol. 2009;21:78-83 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in memory CD4 T cells, PcG and TrxG genes appear to control distinct processes in a distinct manner, which indicates a novel regulatory feature of the PcG/TrxG genes. ..