Affiliation: Chiba University
- Functional brain imaging of cognitive dysfunction in Parkinson's diseaseShigeki Hirano
Department of Neurology, Chiba University School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba shi, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 83:963-9. 2012....
- Cholinergic imaging in corticobasal syndrome, progressive supranuclear palsy and frontotemporal dementiaShigeki Hirano
Molecular Neuroimaging Group, Molecular Imaging Centre, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, 4 9 1 Anagawa, Inage Ku, Chiba shi, Chiba, 263 8555, Japan
Brain 133:2058-68. 2010..Significant brain cholinergic deficits were not seen in frontotemporal dementia, which may explain the unresponsiveness of this condition to cholinergic modulation therapy...
- [Network analyses in neuroimaging studies]Shigeki Hirano
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba Univeisity, Japan
Brain Nerve 65:659-67. 2013..Future neuroimaging network analysis studies will reveal novel and interesting findings that will uncover the pathomechanisms of neurological and psychiatric disorders...
- [Neuroimaging studies of diabetes and risk of Alzheimer's disease]Shigeki Hirano
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chuo Ku, China
Brain Nerve 64:1411-9. 2012..Studies on the brain of patients with diabetes may provide clues for preventive therapy in AD...
- Patterns of sensory nerve conduction abnormalities in Fisher syndrome: more predominant involvement of group Ia afferents than skin afferentsYukari Sekiguchi
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1, Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Clin Neurophysiol 124:1465-9. 2013..To elucidate the features of sensory nerve involvement in Fisher syndrome (FS), this study extensively investigated sensory electrophysiology...
- PET study of brain acetylcholinesterase in cerebellar degenerative disordersShigeki Hirano
Department of Neurology, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Mov Disord 23:1154-60. 2008..Reduction of AChE activities in the thalamus and cerebellum in MSA and in the thalamus in SCA-3 suggest that cholinergic modulating drugs may have a role in the treatment of ataxia and other symptoms in these disorders...