Affiliation: Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry
- Changes in radiocesium contamination from Fukushima in foliar parts of 10 common tree species in Japan between 2011 and 2013Toshihiro Yoshihara
Laboratory of Environmental Science, Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry CRIEPI, 1646 Abiko, Chiba 270 1194, Japan Electronic address
J Environ Radioact 138:220-6. 2014..Similar to the behavior of potassium in trees, Cs redistribution probably occurred primarily due to internal nutrient translocation mechanisms. ..
- A time dependent behavior of radiocesium from the Fukushima-fallout in litterfalls of Japanese flowering cherry treesToshihiro Yoshihara
Plant Molecular Biology, Laboratory of Environmental Science, Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry CRIEPI, 1646 Abiko, Chiba 270 1194, Japan Electronic address
J Environ Radioact 127:34-9. 2014..It is possible that the reduction in radiocesium concentration occurred as a part of physiological demand, a translocation of potassium from the leaves to the body/twigs. ..
- Radiocesium contaminations of 20 wood species and the corresponding gamma-ray dose rates around the canopies at 5 months after the Fukushima nuclear power plant accidentToshihiro Yoshihara
Plant Molecular Biology, Laboratory of Environmental Science, Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry CRIEPI, 1646 Abiko, Chiba 270 1194, Japan
J Environ Radioact 115:60-8. 2013..This may be due to differences in the balance between the attenuation resulting from a shielding effect of the plant bodies and the higher radiocesium accumulation in the leaves...
- Induction of callus from a metal hypertolerant fern, Athyrium yokoscense, and evaluation of its cadmium tolerance and accumulation capacityToshihiro Yoshihara
Plant Molecular Biology, Laboratory of Environmental Science, Central Research Institute Electric Power Industry, 1646 Abiko, Abiko, Chiba, 270 1194, Japan
Plant Cell Rep 23:579-85. 2005..The data suggest that the Cd tolerance of this fern is basically independent of the plant parts and the developmental stages, although the accumulation ability is higher in roots than in the other plant parts...
- Cadmium inducible Fe deficiency responses observed from macro and molecular views in tobacco plantsToshihiro Yoshihara
Plant Molecular Biology, Laboratory for Environmental Science, Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry, 1646 Abiko, Abiko, Chiba 270 1194, Japan
Plant Cell Rep 25:365-73. 2006..This is the first data to demonstrate the responses of Cd-inducible Fe-deficiency at a molecular level...
- Improving rice nutrition: challenges and practical approaches for iron fortificationToshihiro Yoshihara
Bio Science Department, Central Research Institute Electric Power Industry, Abiko, Japan
Food Nutr Bull 26:416-8. 2005
- Long-distance signals positively regulate the expression of iron uptake genes in tobacco rootsYusuke Enomoto
Biotechnology Sector, Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry, 1646 Abiko, Abiko shi, Japan
Planta 227:81-9. 2007....
- Nicotinate/nicotinamide mononucleotide adenyltransferase-mediated regulation of NAD biosynthesis protects guard cells from reactive oxygen species in ABA-mediated stomatal movement in ArabidopsisShin Nosuke Hashida
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
J Exp Bot 61:3813-25. 2010..In this study, it is demonstrated that NMNAT is essential for the maintenance of NAD homeostasis enabling sustainable stomatal movement...
- A kinetic analysis of cadmium accumulation in a Cd hyper-accumulator fern, Athyrium yokoscense and tobacco plantsToshihiro Yoshihara
Plant Molecular Biology, Laboratory for Environmental Science, Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry, 1646 Abiko, Abiko, 270 1194, Japan Plant Molecular Biology, Molecular Genetics, Department of Biological Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Science, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda, 278 8510, Japan
Plant Cell Environ 37:1086-96. 2014..These results clearly suggested occurrences of species-/condition-specific regulations in each observed parts. It is probable that integration of these properties govern the specific Cd tolerance/accumulation in Ay and Nt. ..
- Transgenic rice is a source of iron for iron-depleted ratsLaura E Murray-Kolb
Department of Nutrition, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA
J Nutr 132:957-60. 2002..These data suggest that Mendelian and biotechnological approaches to manipulating ferritin expression of seed iron in rice may contribute to a sustainable solution to global problems of iron deficiency...
- Promoter analysis of iron-deficiency-inducible barley IDS3 gene in Arabidopsis and tobacco plantsTakanori Kobayashi
Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Plant Physiol Biochem 45:262-9. 2007..A sequence moderately homologous to that of IDE1 was also present within the -168/-93 region. These IDE-like sequences would be the first candidates for the functional iron-deficiency-responsive elements in the IDS3 promoter...
- Iron accumulation does not parallel the high expression level of ferritin in transgenic rice seedsLe Qing Qu
Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Department of Plant Biotechnology, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Kannondai 2 1 2, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8602, Japan
Planta 222:225-33. 2005..No obvious differences were observed for other divalent-metal concentrations (Ca, Cd, Cu, Mg, Mn and Zn) in the seeds among all experimental lines and non-transformant...
- Identification of novel cis-acting elements, IDE1 and IDE2, of the barley IDS2 gene promoter conferring iron-deficiency-inducible, root-specific expression in heterogeneous tobacco plantsTakanori Kobayashi
Laboratory of Plant Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Plant J 36:780-93. 2003..The identification of novel cis-acting elements, IDE1 and IDE2, will provide powerful tools to clarify the molecular mechanisms regulating Fe homeostasis in higher plants...
- Construction of homo- and heteropolymers of plant ferritin subunits using an in vitro protein expression systemTaro Masuda
Laboratory of Food Quality Design and Development, Division of Agronomy and Horticultural Science, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Gokasho, Uji, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
Protein Expr Purif 56:237-46. 2007..We conclude that certain combinations of plant ferritin subunits can form heteropolymers and that their iron incorporating activities depend on the formation of multimeric protein...