Affiliation: Azabu University
- N-acetylmannosamine improves object recognition and hippocampal cell proliferation in middle-aged miceTakefumi Kikusui
Companion Animal Research, School of Veterinary Medicine, Azabu University, Kanagawa, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 76:2249-54. 2012..We could demonstrate that ManNAc had positive effects on the age-related brain dysfunction. These findings suggest that the use of ManNAc or related compounds may be a new approach for the treatment of human dementia...
- Maternal deprivation by early weaning increases corticosterone and decreases hippocampal BDNF and neurogenesis in miceTakefumi Kikusui
Veterinary Ethology, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Psychoneuroendocrinology 34:762-72. 2009....
- Behavioural and neurochemical consequences of early weaning in rodentsT Kikusui
Companion Animal Research, School of Veterinary Medicine, Azabu University, Fuchinobe, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
J Neuroendocrinol 21:427-31. 2009..e. the male is more vulnerable to early weaning stress)...
- Early weaning induces anxiety and precocious myelination in the anterior part of the basolateral amygdala of male Balb/c miceM Ono
Graduate School of Humanities and Sciences, Ochanomizu University, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Neuroscience 156:1103-10. 2008..These results suggest that the higher anxiety levels observed in early-weaned male mice could be related to precocious myelin formation in the anterior part of the basolateral amygdala...
- Alarm pheromone enhances stress-induced hyperthermia in ratsT Kikusui
Laboratory of Veterinary Ethology, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Physiol Behav 72:45-50. 2001..These results suggest that an alarm pheromone enhances stress responses of conspecific animals both behaviorally and physiologically, and that these effects are mediated via activation of the AOB...