Affiliation: ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories
- Different neural correlates of reward expectation and reward expectation error in the putamen and caudate nucleus during stimulus-action-reward association learningMasahiko Haruno
Department of Cognitive Neuroscience Computational Neuroscience Labs, Advanced Telecommunication Research Institute, Sorakugun, Kyoto 619 0288, Japan
J Neurophysiol 95:948-59. 2006....
- Heterarchical reinforcement-learning model for integration of multiple cortico-striatal loops: fMRI examination in stimulus-action-reward association learningMasahiko Haruno
ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories, Department of Computational Neurobiology, 2 2 2 Hikaridai, Soraku gun, Kyoto, Japan
Neural Netw 19:1242-54. 2006..Our fMRI results revealed that different cortico-striatal loops are operating, as suggested by the proposed model...
- Activity in the superior temporal sulcus highlights learning competence in an interaction gameMasahiko Haruno
ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories, 2 2 2 Hikaridai, Soraku gun, Kyoto, Japan
J Neurosci 29:4542-7. 2009..These results suggest that STS provides knowledge of the other agent's strategies for association between action and reward and highlights learning competence during interactive reinforcement learning...
- A neural correlate of reward-based behavioral learning in caudate nucleus: a functional magnetic resonance imaging study of a stochastic decision taskMasahiko Haruno
Computational Neuroscience Laboratories, Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute, Kyoto 619 0288, Japan
J Neurosci 24:1660-5. 2004..These findings suggest that the caudate nucleus is one of the main loci for reward-based behavioral learning...
- MOSAIC for multiple-reward environmentsNorikazu Sugimoto
Center for Information and Neural Networks, National Institute of Information and Communications Technology, Kyoto 619 0288, Japan
Neural Comput 24:577-606. 2012..The simulation results demonstrate that MOSAIC-MR outperforms other counterparts because of this flexible association ability among RL controllers, forward models, and reward predictors...
- Activity in the amygdala elicited by unfair divisions predicts social value orientationMasahiko Haruno
Advanced Telecommunication Research Institute Computational Neuroscience Laboratories, Kyoto, Japan
Nat Neurosci 13:160-1. 2010..This result suggests that automatic emotional processing in the amygdala lies at the core of prosocial value orientation...
- Optimal control of redundant muscles in step-tracking wrist movementsMasahiko Haruno
Sobell Department of Motor Neuroscience and Movement Disorders, Institute of Neurology, University College London, UK
J Neurophysiol 94:4244-55. 2005..This suggests that when recruiting redundant muscles, the nervous system may optimize the motor commands across the muscles to reduce the negative effects of motor noise...