- Acute encephalopathy associated with nontyphoidal salmonellosisJ Arii
Chiba Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, Chiba University School of Medicine, Japan
J Child Neurol 16:539-40. 2001..From these results, we conclude that nontyphoidal salmonellosis can cause a toxic encephalopathy syndrome, like shigellosis or verocytotoxin-producing Escherichia coli infection...
- Clinical and pathologic characteristics of nontyphoidal salmonella encephalopathyJunko Arii
Division of Neurology, Chiba Children s Hospital, Heta cho 579 1, Midori ku, Chiba shi, Chiba 266 0007, USA
Neurology 58:1641-5. 2002..To investigate the clinical and pathologic characteristics of primary encephalopathy caused by nontyphoidal salmonellosis (NTS)...
- Children with irreversible brain damage associated with hypothyroidism and multiple intracranial calcificationsJunko Arii
Chiba Rehabilitaiton Center, Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba shi, Japan
J Child Neurol 17:309-13. 2002..We emphasize the need to re-evaluate thyroid function in diplegic patients with specific intracranial calcifications but normal neonatal thyroid-stimulating hormone screening...
- CSF hypocretin-1 (orexin-A) levels in childhood narcolepsy and neurologic disordersJ Arii
Department of Pediatrics, Chiba Rosai Hospital, 2 16 Tatsumidai higashi, Ichihara shi, Chiba 290 0003, Japan
Neurology 63:2440-2. 2004
- [Symptomatic hypersomnia due to orexin deficiency in hypothalamic lesions]Takashi Kanbayashi
Department of Psychiatry, Akita University School of Medicine
No To Hattatsu 38:340-5. 2006..The features of nocturnal sleep and EDS in symptomatic hypersomnia are more similar to idiopathic hypersomnia than to narcolepsy...