Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Akita University School of Medicine
- Murakami M, Miyoshi I, Suzuki T, Sasano H, Iijima T. Structures of the murine genes for the beta1- and beta4-subunits of the voltage-dependent calcium channel. J Mol Neurosci. 2003;21:13-21 pubmed..Furthermore, mRNA of these beta-subunits is strongly expressed in dorsal root ganglion neurons, which have many voltage-dependent calcium channels. ..
- Murakami M, Ohba T, Takahashi Y, Watanabe H, Miyoshi I, Nakayama S, et al. Identification of a cardiac isoform of the murine calcium channel alpha1C (Cav1.2-a) subunit and its preferential binding with the beta2 subunit. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2006;41:115-25 pubmed..In vitro overlay and immunoprecipitation analyses revealed preferential binding between alpha1C-a and beta2, which is also expressed at a high level in the heart. ..
- Murakami M, Xu F, Miyoshi I, Sato E, Ono K, Iijima T. Identification and characterization of the murine TRPM4 channel. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;307:522-8 pubmed..Both TRPM4 variants integrated into the plasma membrane. Furthermore, FRET analysis revealed that TRPM4a and TRPM4b localized close together, suggesting a multimerization of the two molecules. ..
- Murakami M, Yamamura H, Suzuki T, Kang M, Ohya S, Murakami A, et al. Modified cardiovascular L-type channels in mice lacking the voltage-dependent Ca2+ channel beta3 subunit. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:43261-7 pubmed....
- Murakami M, Aoyama M, Suzuki T, Sasano H, Nakayama S, Iijima T. Genetic characterization of a new splice variant of the beta2 subunit of the voltage-dependent calcium channel. Mol Cell Biochem. 2003;254:217-25 pubmed..Other beta3 subunits, such as beta3 and beta4, significantly increased the peak current and accelerated current inactivation. ..
- Murakami M, Nakagawasai O, Suzuki T, Mobarakeh I, Sakurada Y, Murata A, et al. Antinociceptive effect of different types of calcium channel inhibitors and the distribution of various calcium channel alpha 1 subunits in the dorsal horn of spinal cord in mice. Brain Res. 2004;1024:122-9 pubmed..The results of this study revealed the localization and functions of several calcium channels that are involved in nociceptive neurotransmission within the dorsal horn of the mouse spinal cord. ..
- Murakami M, Ohba T, Xu F, Shida S, Satoh E, Ono K, et al. Genomic organization and functional analysis of murine PKD2L1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:5626-35 pubmed..We conclude that PKD2L1 forms functional cation channels on the plasma membrane by interacting with PKD1. These findings raise the possibility that PKD2L1 represents the third genetic locus that is responsible for PKD. ..