Affiliation: Ajinomoto Co
- Analysis of L-glutamic acid fermentation by using a dynamic metabolic simulation model of Escherichia coliYousuke Nishio
Institute for Innovation, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Suzuki cho 1 1, Kawasaki ku, Kawasaki City, Kanagawa 210 8681, Japan
BMC Syst Biol 7:92. 2013..However, to confirm the biological appropriateness of our model, sensitivity analysis and experimental validation were required...
- Computer-aided rational design of the phosphotransferase system for enhanced glucose uptake in Escherichia coliYousuke Nishio
Fermentation and Biotechnology Laboratories, Ajinomoto Co Inc, Kawasaki, Japan
Mol Syst Biol 4:160. 2008..By using biological experiments, we validated the prediction and the presented strategy, thereby enhancing the specific glucose uptake rate...
- Evolutionary process of amino acid biosynthesis in Corynebacterium at the whole genome levelYousuke Nishio
Institute of Life Sciences, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kawasaki, Japan
Mol Biol Evol 21:1683-91. 2004..Thus, we conclude that the evolutionary events of gene loss and horizontal gene transfer must have been responsible for functional differentiation in amino acid biosynthesis of the three species of Corynebacteria...
- Effects of eliminating pyruvate node pathways and of coexpression of heterogeneous carboxylation enzymes on succinate production by Enterobacter aerogenesYoshinori Tajima
Institute for Innovation, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kawasaki ku, Kawasaki, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 81:929-37. 2015..These findings can be applied to identify additional engineering targets to increase succinate production. ..
- Study of the role of anaerobic metabolism in succinate production by Enterobacter aerogenesYoshinori Tajima
Institute for Innovation, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, 1 1 Suzuki cho, Kawasaki ku, Kawasaki, 210 8681, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 98:7803-13. 2014..5% yield (grams of succinate produced per gram of glucose consumed) at pH <6.2 and anaerobic conditions. Thus, we showed the potential of bacteria-based succinate fermentation under weak acidic conditions...
- Comparative complete genome sequence analysis of the amino acid replacements responsible for the thermostability of Corynebacterium efficiensYousuke Nishio
Fermentation and Biotechnology Laboratories, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 210 8681, Japan
Genome Res 13:1572-9. 2003..Our results strongly suggest that the accumulation of these three types of amino acid substitutions correlates with the acquisition of thermostability and is responsible for the greater GC content of C. efficiens...
- The genome stability in Corynebacterium species due to lack of the recombinational repair systemYoji Nakamura
Center for Information Biology and DNA Data Bank of Japan, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Japan
Gene 317:149-55. 2003..The genome stability in Corynebacterium species will give us hints of the speciation mechanism with the non-shuffled genome, particularly the importance of horizontal gene transfer and nucleotide substitution in the genome...