- Relationship between auditory processing and affective prosody in schizophrenia
Sierra Pacific Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center MIRECC, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Schizophr Res 143:348-53. 2013
..These findings provide support for bottom-up (e.g., perceptually based) cognitive remediation approaches...
- Nonconscious and conscious color priming in schizophrenia
VISN 22 Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Psychiatr Res 46:1312-7. 2012
..These results imply that the well-documented visual processing deficits in this illness likely occur at later, percept-dependent stages of processing...
- Cross-diagnostic comparison of duration mismatch negativity and P3a in bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center MIRECC, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Bipolar Disord 14:239-48. 2012
..Furthermore, MMN and P3a have not been examined between diagnostic subgroups of patients with bipolar disorder. We evaluated MMN and P3a in patients with bipolar disorder compared to patients with schizophrenia and healthy controls...
- An electrophysiological investigation of attentional blink in schizophrenia: separating perceptual and attentional processes
Kristopher I Mathis
VA Desert Pacific Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center MIRECC, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, West Los Angeles VA Healthcare Center, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 86:108-13. 2012
..Mean ssVEP amplitude did not differ between the groups, and the differences in P300 remained after controlling for ssVEP. These results suggest that the observed AB deficits were due to attentional, not perceptual, processing deficits...
- Disorganized symptoms and executive functioning predict impaired social functioning in subjects at risk for psychosis
University of California, Los Angeles, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 23:457-60. 2011
..Disorganized symptoms and executive functioning predicted social functioning at follow-up. Early intervention efforts that focus on social and cognitive skills are indicated in this vulnerable population...