- Rapid assay to assess colonization patterns following in-vivo probiotic ingestion
Jacinta M Tobin
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, The Royal Women s Hospital, Parkville, Vic, Australia
BMC Res Notes 6:252. 2013
..In this study, rapid qPCR assays for detection of presence of probiotic species in the intestine by faecal sampling is described in both preterm infant and adult participants...
- Cooling for newborns with hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy
Susan E Jacobs
Neonatal Services, Royal Women s Hospital, Parkville, Melbourne, Australia
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 1:CD003311. 2013
..Newborn animal studies and pilot studies in humans suggest that mild hypothermia following peripartum hypoxia-ischaemia in newborn infants may reduce neurological sequelae without adverse effects...
- The ProPrems trial: investigating the effects of probiotics on late onset sepsis in very preterm infants
Suzanne M Garland
Women s Centre for Infectious Diseases, Bio 21 Institute, 30 Flemington Road, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
BMC Infect Dis 11:210. 2011
..Allergic diseases are increasing in incidence in "westernised" countries. There is evidence that probiotics may reduce the incidence of these diseases by altering the intestinal microbiota to influence immune function...
- Therapeutic hypothermia for newborn infants with hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy
Susan E Jacobs
Newborn Services, Royal Women s Hospital, Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 46:568-76. 2010
..Equally strict protocols in non-tertiary nurseries will enable earlier initiation of hypothermia under guidance of the regional neonatal intensive care unit and transport team...
- Whole-body hypothermia for term and near-term newborns with hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy: a randomized controlled trial
Susan E Jacobs
Neonatal Services, Royal Women s Hospital, corner Grattan Street and Flemington Road, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 165:692-700. 2011
..To determine the effectiveness and safety of moderate whole-body hypothermia in newborns with hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy born in hospitals with and without newborn intensive care facilities or complicated hypothermia equipment...
- Prognostic utility of magnetic resonance imaging in neonatal hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy: substudy of a randomized trial
Jeanie L Y Cheong
Neonatal Services, Royal Women s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 166:634-40. 2012
- Randomized trial of systemic hypothermia selectively protects the cortex on MRI in term hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy
Terrie E Inder
Division of Newborn Services, Royal Women s Hospital, Neonatal Neurology, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Pediatr 145:835-7. 2004
..036), which may indicate differing regional benefit from systemic hypothermia...
- A randomised trial of two techniques for bottle feeding preterm infants
Jennifer A Dawson
Neonatal Services, The Royal Women s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 49:462-6. 2013
..Preterm infants begin the transition from gastric tube feeds to sucking feeds around 34 weeks' postmenstrual age. We compared physiological stability in two bottle feeding positions, cradle hold versus side lying in preterm infants...
- Axillary temperature measurement during hypothermia treatment for neonatal hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy
Marc Antoine Landry
Neonatal Services, Royal Women s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 98:F54-8. 2013
..To determine the accuracy of axillary temperature relative to core rectal temperature during whole-body therapeutic hypothermia for moderate-to-severe hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy...