- A case with noncompaction of the left ventricular myocardium detected by 64-slice multidetector computed tomography
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
J Thorac Imaging 24:38-40. 2009
..We report the case of a young patient with premature coronary artery disease and apical noncompaction detected by multidetector computed tomography, and show images of the ventricular pathology on 4 different imaging modalities...
- Long-term outcomes of plaque debulking with rotational atherectomy in side-branch ostial lesions to treat bifurcation coronary disease
Division of Cardiology, Loyola University Medical Center, EMS Building 6th Floor, 2160 S First Avenue, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 21:598-601. 2009
..The prognosis after rotational atherectomy of a side-branch ostium to treat bifurcation coronary lesions is unknown...
- Percutaneous coronary intervention for small-vessel coronary disease: highlight on the everolimus-eluting stent
St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana, 10590 N Meridian St, Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46290, USA
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 8:1239-45. 2010
..In this article, we review previous studies evaluating small-vessel interventions and focus on the everolimus-eluting stent in this clinical entity...
- An integer based risk score for predicting 30-day major adverse cardiac or cerebrovascular events after percutaneous coronary intervention with drug-eluting stents: results from a large prospective multicentre registry, the STENT Group
St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana, Indianapolis, IN 46260, USA
EuroIntervention 6:942-8. 2011
- Presentation and therapy of spontaneous coronary artery dissection and comparisons of postpartum versus nonpostpartum cases
St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Am J Cardiol 107:1590-6. 2011
..In conclusion, our patients with SCAD were characterized by female gender, absence of coronary risk factors, and a high rate of vascular healing without residual stenosis. Larger infarct was found in postpartum patients...
- The effect of including cystatin C or creatinine in a cardiovascular risk model for asymptomatic individuals: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis
Division of Cardiology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Am J Epidemiol 174:949-57. 2011
..Similar findings were noted after stratifying by baseline presence of diabetes. In conclusion, the addition of cystatin C or serum creatinine to FRSVs does not improve CVD risk prediction among adults without clinical CVD...
- A case with transient anterolateral wall ballooning syndrome; new variant form of Takotsubo cardiomyopathy?
Department of Geriatric Medicine, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawai i, Honolulu, HI 96817, USA
Hawaii Med J 68:249-52. 2009
- Performance of everolimus-eluting versus paclitaxel-eluting coronary stents in small vessels: results from the SPIRIT III and SPIRIT IV clinical trials
St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Interv Cardiol 24:505-13. 2011
..5 mm) and larger vessels (≥2.5 mm) in a pooled analysis from the SPIRIT III (n = 1,002) and SPIRIT IV (n = 3,687) trials (randomized 2:1, EES vs. PES)...