- No evidences for B-cell clonality by spectratyping analysis in patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura undergoing rituximab therapyEleonora Toffoletti
Haematologica 93:795-6. 2008
- Bendamustine salvage therapy for T cell neoplasmsFrancesco Zaja
Clinica Ematologica, DISM, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria S M Misericordia, p le S Maria Misericordia 15, 33100, Udine, Italy
Ann Hematol 92:1249-54. 2013..At a median follow-up of 6 months (range 1-18), 13 patients are alive and 7 patients died all because of lymphoma progression. Bendamustine deserves further investigation in patients with T cell neoplasms...
- Long-term follow-up analysis after rituximab salvage therapy in adult patients with immune thrombocytopeniaFrancesco Zaja
Clinica Ematologica, Centro Trapianti e Terapie Cellulari Carlo Melzi, DISM, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria S M Misericordia, Udine, Italy
Am J Hematol 87:886-9. 2012..Rituximab SD appears a safe and active agent allowing in nearly 40% of cases to achieve long-term response and splenectomy sparing effect...
- Dapsone salvage therapy for adult patients with immune thrombocytopenia relapsed or refractory to steroid and rituximabFrancesco Zaja
Clinica Ematologica, Centro Trapianti e Terapie Cellulari Carlo Melzi DISM, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria S Maria Misericordia, Udine, Italy
Am J Hematol 87:321-3. 2012..These results highlight the therapeutic activity and good safety profile of dapsone in patients with ITP who previously failed rituximab treatment...
- Salvage treatment with lenalidomide and dexamethasone in relapsed/refractory mantle cell lymphoma: clinical results and effects on microenvironment and neo-angiogenic biomarkersFrancesco Zaja
Clinica Ematologica, Centro Trapianti e Terapie Cellulari Carlo Melzi, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria S M Misericordia, p le S Maria Misericordia 15, 33100 Udine, Italy
Haematologica 97:416-22. 2012..Preclinical studies have highlighted the activity of lenalidomide in mantle cell lymphoma and its anti-proliferative synergy with dexamethasone...
- Dexamethasone plus rituximab yields higher sustained response rates than dexamethasone monotherapy in adults with primary immune thrombocytopeniaFrancesco Zaja
Department of Hematology Dipartimento Ricerche Mediche Morfologiche, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria S Maria della Misericordia, Udine, Italy
Blood 115:2755-62. 2010..Thus, combination therapy may represent an effective treatment option before splenectomy. This study is registered at http://clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00770562...
- Low-dose rituximab in adult patients with primary immune thrombocytopeniaFrancesco Zaja
Clinica Ematologica, DIRM, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria S Maria Misericordia, Udine, Italy
Eur J Haematol 85:329-34. 2010..In this setting, several evidences support the possible use of lower doses of rituximab. Objectives: To investigate the activity of low-dose rituximab as salvage therapy in previously treated symptomatic ITP...
- Lower dose rituximab is active in adults patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpuraFrancesco Zaja
Clinica Ematologica, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria, piazza S Maria della Misericordia, 33100 Udine, Italy
Haematologica 93:930-3. 2008..After a median follow-up of 11 months (range 3-18), 7/21 (33%) patients relapsed and 3 needed further treatments. In patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, lower dose rituximab seems to show similar activity to standard dose...
- Rituximab therapy in adult patients with relapsed or refractory immune thrombocytopenic purpura: long-term follow-up resultsMarta Medeot
Clinica Ematologica, DIRM, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Eur J Haematol 81:165-9. 2008..To evaluate the long-term activity and toxicity profile of rituximab in adult patients with idiopathic immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)...
- Anti-CD20 therapy for chronic lymphocytic leukemia-associated autoimmune diseasesFrancesco Zaja
Clinica Ematologica, Policlinico Universitario, P zza S M Misericordia, 33100 Udine, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 44:1951-5. 2003..Retreatment of both patients with IT and ADN was effective. Rituximab may be an alternative agent for the treatment CLL-associated autoimmune diseases...
- B-cell compartment as the selective target for the treatment of immune thrombocytopeniasFrancesco Zaja
Clinica Ematologica, Policlinico Universitario, P zza S Maria della Misericordia, 33100 Udine, Italy
Haematologica 88:538-46. 2003..These effects could be useful in autoimmune diseases in order to interfere with the production of pathologic antibodies...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation for Hodgkin's lymphoma: results and prognostic factors in 51 high-risk patientsAlessandra Sperotto
Division of Haematology, Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Department of Medical and Morphological Research, University Hospital, Udine, Italy
Adv Clin Path 6:77-85. 2002..0% of patients submitted to ASCT with refractory disease can be potentially rescued by transplant...
- Bendamustine in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: outcome according to different clinical and biological prognostic factors in the everyday clinical practiceFrancesco Zaja
Clinica Ematologica, DISM, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria S M Misericordia, Udine, Italy
Am J Hematol 88:955-60. 2013..These results confirm the activity and safety of bendamustine and rituximab combination even in patients with unfavorable clinical and biological features excluding del(17p)...
- Efficacy of selective B cell blockade in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: evidence for a pathogenetic role of B cellsSalvatore De Vita
University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Arthritis Rheum 46:2029-33. 2002..This study was undertaken to investigate the effects of B cell blockade in the treatment of refractory RA, and to evaluate the implications with regard to the role of B cells in the disease...
- B-cell depletion with rituximab as treatment for immune hemolytic anemia and chronic thrombocytopeniaFrancesco Zaja
Clinica Ematologica, Policlinico Universitario, Udine, Italy
Haematologica 87:189-95. 2002..This could interfere with the production of autoantibodies in some immune diseases. The objective of this study was to assess the effects of rituximab in autoimmune hemolytic anemia and thrombocytopenia...
- The development of autoantibodies after allogeneic stem cell transplantation is related with chronic graft-vs-host disease and immune recoveryFrancesca Patriarca
Division of Haematology and Blood and Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit Carlo Melzi, Department of Clinical and Morphological Research, Udine, Italy
Exp Hematol 34:389-96. 2006....
- Alemtuzumab (Campath-1H) and CHOP chemotherapy as first-line treatment of peripheral T-cell lymphoma: results of a GITIL (Gruppo Italiano Terapie Innovative nei Linfomi) prospective multicenter trialAndrea Gallamini
Hematology Department, Ospedale Santa Croce, Cuneo, Italy
Blood 110:2316-23. 2007..This clinical trial was registered with the Osservatorio Nazionale sulla Sperimentazione cinica as ID no. 141202...
- Earlier administration of Rituximab allows higher rate of long-lasting response in adult patients with autoimmune thrombocytopeniaFrancesco Zaja
Exp Hematol 34:571-2. 2006
- Nongastric marginal-zone B-cell MALT lymphoma: prognostic value of disease disseminationLuca Arcaini
Division of Hematology, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, Viale Golgi 19, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Oncologist 11:285-91. 2006..This study describes the clinical features and the natural history of nongastric marginal-zone lymphomas and highlights that the dissemination to lymph nodes and bone marrow is associated with a poorer outcome...
- Pharmacokinetic behavior of rituximab: a study of different schedules of administration for heterogeneous clinical settingsMario B Regazzi
Department of Pharmacology, Clinical Medicine IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Ther Drug Monit 27:785-92. 2005..Because several studies reported an association between response and serum Rituximab concentrations, a treatment based on a pharmacokinetic model may be useful for predicting the desired drug concentration...
- Quantitative PCR of bone marrow BCL2/IgH+ cells at diagnosis predicts treatment response and long-term outcome in follicular non-Hodgkin lymphomaAlessandro Rambaldi
Divisione di Ematologia, Ospedali Riuniti Largo Barozzi 1, 24100, Bergamo, Italy
Blood 105:3428-33. 2005..006). RQ-PCR performed at presentation on BM samples predicts treatment response and long-term clinical outcome in patients with follicular lymphoma...
- Fludarabine plus mitoxantrone with and without rituximab versus CHOP with and without rituximab as front-line treatment for patients with follicular lymphomaPier Luigi Zinzani
Institute of Hematology and Medical Oncology L e A Seràgnoli, University of Bologna, Italy
J Clin Oncol 22:2654-61. 2004..We performed a randomized comparative trial of FM with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (CHOP) front-line chemotherapy with and without sequential rituximab...
- Efficacy and safety of rituximab in type II mixed cryoglobulinemiaFrancesco Zaja
Division of Hematology Dipartimento di Ricerche Mediche e Morfologiche, University of Udine, Italy
Blood 101:3827-34. 2003..Rituximab may represent a safe and effective alternative to standard immunosuppression in type II MC. Controlled studies are needed to better define drug indications and the cost-efficacy profile in the different systemic manifestations...
- Rituximab for the treatment of type II mixed cryoglobulinemiaFrancesco Zaja
Arthritis Rheum 46:2252-4; author reply 2254-5. 2002
- Monitoring of minimal residual disease after CHOP and rituximab in previously untreated patients with follicular lymphomaAlessandro Rambaldi
Divisione di Ematologia, Ospedali Riuniti Bergamo, Largo Barozzi 1, 24100 Bergamo, Italy
Blood 99:856-62. 2002..001)...