- Comparison of the efficacy and tolerability of new antiepileptic drugs: what can we learn from long-term studies?G Zaccara
Unit of Neurology, S M Nuova Hospital, Florence, Italy
Acta Neurol Scand 114:157-68. 2006..A review of long-term open-label studies was performed with the aim of detecting differences in efficacy and/or tolerability of new antiepileptic drugs (AEDs)...
- The adverse event profile of lacosamide: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsGaetano Zaccara
Unit of Neurology, Department of Medicine, Florence Health Authority, Firenze, Italy
Epilepsia 54:66-74. 2013....
- The adverse event profile of pregabalin across different disorders: a meta-analysisGaetano Zaccara
U O Neurologia, Azienda Sanitaria di Firenze, Florence, Italy
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 68:903-12. 2012..In the present study, we evaluated whether the incidence of these 20 AEs differs across distinct disorders in which PGB was investigated...
- Drug safety evaluation of zonisamide for the treatment of epilepsyGaetano Zaccara
Giovanni Di Dio Hospital, Unit of Neurology, Firenze, Italy
Expert Opin Drug Saf 10:623-31. 2011..Psychiatric disturbances are mainly observed in predisposed subjects and patients with a previous allergic episode to sulfonamide-containing drugs are at a higher risk for developing a skin rash...
- The adverse event profile of pregabalin: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsGaetano Zaccara
U O Neurologia, Azienda Sanitaria di Firenze, Firenze, Italy
Epilepsia 52:826-36. 2011..We also assessed the association between serious AEs and pregabalin, and investigated whether pregabalin AEs display a dose-response relationship...
- Neurological comorbidity and epilepsy: implications for treatmentG Zaccara
Unit of Neurology, Palagi Hospital, Viale Michelangelo 41, Florence, Italy
Acta Neurol Scand 120:1-15. 2009....
- Central nervous system adverse effects of new antiepileptic drugs. A meta-analysis of placebo-controlled studiesG Zaccara
Unit of Neurology, Piero Palagi Hospital, Viale Michelangelo 41, Florence, Firenze, Italy
Seizure 17:405-21. 2008....
- Modulatory effects of high-frequency repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation on the ipsilateral silent periodM Cincotta
Unita Operativa di Neurologia, Azienda Sanitaria di Firenze, Ospedale S Maria Nuova, Piazza S Maria Nuova, 1, 50122, Florence, Italy
Exp Brain Res 171:490-6. 2006..The ISP facilitation induced by high-frequency rTMS is a novel, promising tool to investigate pathophysiological abnormal interhemispheric inhibitory transfer in various neurological diseases...
- Role of the right dorsal premotor cortex in "physiological" mirror EMG activityF Giovannelli
, Azienda Sanitaria di Firenze, Ospedale S. Maria Nuova, Florence, Italy
Exp Brain Res 175:633-40. 2006..These findings strongly support the hypothesis that the right dPMC is part of the non-mirror transformation cortical network...
- Physical interactions between induced electrical fields can have substantial effects on neuronal excitation during simultaneous TMS of two brain areasM Cincotta
Unita Operativa di Neurologia, Azienda Sanitaria di Firenze, Ospedale S Maria Nuova, Piazza S Maria Nuova, 1, 50122 Firenze, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 116:1733-42. 2005..To analyse the interactions between simultaneous or nearly simultaneous focal transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) of the motor cortex hand area (M1hand) of both hemispheres...
- Motor control in mirror movements: studies with transcranial magnetic stimulationM Cincotta
U.O. di Neurologia, Azienda Sanitaria di Firenze, Ospedale S. Maria Nuova, Piazza S. Maria Nuova 1, 50122 Florence, Italy
Suppl Clin Neurophysiol 56:175-80. 2003
- Mild cognitive impairment: loss of linguistic task-induced changes in motor cortex excitabilityL Bracco
Department of Neurological and Psychiatric Sciences, University of Florence, Florence Health Authority, Florence, Italy
Neurology 72:928-34. 2009..We used TMS to investigate functional connectivity between language-related cortical areas and M1(hand) in aMCI...
- Remote effects of cortical dysgenesis on the primary motor cortex: evidence from the silent period following transcranial magnetic stimulationM Cincotta
Unita Operativa di Neurologia, Azienda Sanitaria N 10 Firenze, Ospedale S Maria Nuova, Piazza S Maria Nuova, 1, 50122, Firenze, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 111:1340-5. 2000..Cerebral areas projecting to the primary motor cortex (M1) modulate the cortical silent period (CSP) following transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS). Therefore, we used the CSP to investigate remote effects of CD on the M1...
- Adverse motor effects induced by antiepileptic drugsG Zaccara
Unit of Neurology, S Maria Nuova Hospital, Fierenze, Italy
Epileptic Disord 6:153-68. 2004..Finally, we summarize the role of sophisticated technical studies which provide a valuable insight into the specific or subtle effects of AEDs on the central nervous system...
- Suprathreshold 0.3 Hz repetitive TMS prolongs the cortical silent period: potential implications for therapeutic trials in epilepsyM Cincotta
Unita Operativa di Neurologia, Azienda Sanitaria di Firenze, Ospedale S Maria Nuova, Piazza S Maria Nuova, 1 50122, Florence, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 114:1827-33. 2003..To investigate the after-effects of 0.3 Hz repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) on excitatory and inhibitory mechanisms at the primary motor cortex level, as tested by single-pulse TMS variables...
- Event-related potentials in patients with total locked-in state due to fulminant Guillain-Barré syndromeA Ragazzoni
Neurology Unit, Ospedale S Maria Nuova, Florence, Italy
Int J Psychophysiol 37:99-109. 2000..ERPs allow monitoring the level of alertness and attention and appear more specific than EEG in identifying a state of awareness in patients in which communication is severely impaired as a consequence of neurological disorders...
- Cost effectiveness of riluzole in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Italian Cooperative Group for the Study of Meta-Analysis and the Osservatorio SIFO sui FarmaciA Messori
Drug Information Centre, Pharmaceutical Service, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi, Florence, Italy
Pharmacoeconomics 16:153-63. 1999..We conducted a pharmacoeconomic analysis for estimating the cost per life-year gained using this drug...
- Current approaches to the use of generic antiepileptic drugsG Kramer
Swiss Epilepsy Center, Bleulerstrasse 60, Ch 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Epilepsy Behav 11:46-52. 2007..Both physicians and patients have a right to be informed and approve before pharmacists make a generic substitution or switch between generics...