- The major traumas in youth footballP Volpi
Centro di Traumatologia dello Sport e Chirurgia Artroscopica, Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Via Galeazzi, 4, 20161 Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 11:399-402. 2003..As regards the age categories we detected a prevalence of osteochondrosis, traumatic detachments, and some fractures in the younger players, while in the older athletes we observed more sprains, muscle lesions, and tendonopathies...
- Surgical treatment of anterior cruciate ligament injuries in adolescents using double-looped semitendinosus and gracilis tendons: supraepiphysary femoral and tibial fixationPiero Volpi
Center for Sport Traumatology and Arthroscopic Surgery, Galeazzi Orthopedic Institute, Milan, Italy
Arthroscopy 20:447-9. 2004..We report on a technique analogous to that applied to adults, using doubled hamstring tendons that are fixed with 2 transverse femoral and tibial bioabsorbable cross pins without interfering with the growth cartilage...
- High articular levels of the angiogenetic factors VEGF and VEGF-receptor 2 as tissue healing biomarkers after single bundle anterior cruciate ligament reconstructionE Galliera
Dipartimento di Morfologia Umana e Scienze Biomediche, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 25:85-91. 2011..These results could suggest that VEGF and VEGFRs could be considered as good biomarkers of tissue healing after knee joint surgery...
- Modified autologous matrix-induced chondrogenesis (AMIC) for the treatment of a large osteochondral defect in a varus knee: a case reportL De Girolamo
Orthopaedic Biotechnologies Lab, IRCCS Galeazzi Orthopaedic Institute, Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 20:2287-90. 2012..A hyaline-like cartilage completely covered the defect and was congruent with the surrounding condyle cartilage as revealed by MRI and by a second-look arthroscopy. Level of evidence IV...
- The role of the rehabilitation brace in restoring knee extension after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a prospective controlled studyG Melegati
Center for Sports Rehabilitation, Galeazzi Orthopedics Institute, Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 11:322-6. 2003..KT 1000 arthrometric scores showed no difference between the two groups (Group A 1.8 mm, Group B 1.5; n.s.)...
- Growth factors in the management of sport-induced tendinopathies: results after 24 months from treatment. A pilot studyP Volpi
Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopic Surgery Unit, IRCCS Galeazzi Orthopaedic Institute, Milan, Italy
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 50:494-500. 2010..This paper describes the local and the systemic effects of US-guided autologous PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injections in chronic tendinopathies in sportspersons...
- Comparative evaluation of knee stability following reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament with the bone-patellar tendon-bone and the double semitendinosus-gracilis methods: 1- and 2-year prospective studyMatteo Denti
Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopic Surgery Unit, Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Via Galeazzi, 4, 20161, Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 14:637-40. 2006..80 and 0.96 (first and second years) versus 1.18 and 1.20. Both methods, in fact, resulted in very satisfactory anterior knee stability, even when applied in two dissimilar groups of patients...
- Lateral unicompartimental knee arthroplasty: indications, technique and short-medium term resultsPiero Volpi
Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopic Surgery Unit, Galeazzi Orthopedics Institute, R Galeazzi street 4, 20161, Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 15:1028-34. 2007..The lateral UKA prosthesis can be regarded as a sound alternative to total knee replacement. Correct patient selection on the basis of optimum surgical indications, however, is essential...
- Muscle strains in soccer: a five-year survey of an Italian major league teamPiero Volpi
Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopic Surgery Unit, Galeazzi Orthopedics Institute, Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 12:482-5. 2004..Lack of training was one of the causes of such injuries; in fact the training/match ratio of those seasons (3.6 to 1) show that there was little time for training compared to the number of matches...