- [Does this patient have hypertension? Different methodologies in the measurement of arterial pressure]Federico Vancheri
Unita Operativa di Medicina Interna, Ospedale S Elia, Caltanissetta
Recenti Prog Med 94:106-9. 2003..Such differences may partly explain the inadequate control of hypertension in the general population and the increase in the prevalence of heart failure...
- Impaired glucose metabolism in patients with acute stroke and no previous diagnosis of diabetes mellitusF Vancheri
Unita Operativa di Medicina Interna, Ospedale S Elia, Caltanisetta, Italy
QJM 98:871-8. 2005..About a third of patients with acute stroke and no prior diagnosis of diabetes have hyperglycaemia during the acute phase of stroke. Whether this is an acute stress response or a reflection of underlying diabetes is controversial...
- [From "deadly quartet" to "metabolic syndrome". An analysis of its clinical relevance]Federico Vancheri
Unità Operativa Complessa di Medicina Interna, Ospedale S Elia, Caltanissetta
Recenti Prog Med 98:192-200. 2007..Although the syndrome has some importance in understanding the pathophysiology of cardiovascular and diabetes risk factors clustering, its use as a clinical syndrome is not justified by current data...
- Hepatic artery aneurysm rupture in a woman with primary antiphospholipid syndromeF Vancheri
Medicina Interna, Ospedale S Elia, Caltanissetta, Italy
Lupus 16:355-7. 2007..We report the case of a young woman with APS who presented with abdominal bleeding due to ruptured common hepatic artery aneurysm. She was successfully treated by proximal ligation. The features of such aneurysms are discussed...
- Usual versus tight control of systolic blood pressure in non-diabetic patients with hypertension (Cardio-Sis): an open-label randomised trialPaolo Verdecchia
Division of Cardiology, Hospital S Maria della Misericordia, Perugia, Italy
Lancet 374:525-33. 2009..We tested the hypothesis that tight control compared with usual control of systolic blood pressure would be beneficial in such patients...
- Metformin-induced lactic acidosis in a type 2 diabetic patient with acute renal failureA Di Grande
Unità Operativa Complessa di Medicina e Chirurgia d Accettazione e d Urgenza, Azienda Ospedaliera S Elia, Caltanissetta, Italy
Clin Ter 159:87-9. 2008..Authors discuss the pathophysiologic mechanisms of these alterations with particular regard to the role played by metformin as potential cause of lactic acidosis...
- [Trends of cardiovascular disease in Italy]Marco Ferrario
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e Biologiche, Universita degli Studi dell Insubria, Ospedale di Circolo e Fondazione Macchi, Varese
Ital Heart J 5:9S-18S; discussion 33S-34S, 116S-121S. 2004