Affiliation: University of Trieste
- Performance of gesture in children with and without DCD: effects of sensory input modalitiesStefania Zoia
Division of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, Burlo Garofolo Maternal and Child Health Institute, Trieste, Italy
Dev Med Child Neurol 44:699-705. 2002..In the Verbal modality, children with DCD performed consistently worse than their control peers and the difference in performance tended to increase rather than improve with age...
- Praxic skills in down and mentally retarded adults: evidence for multiple action routesStefania Zoia
Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, c o Unità Operativa di Neuropsichiatria Infantile, Burlo Garofolo via Dell Istria, 65 1 34137 Trieste, Italy
Brain Cogn 54:7-17. 2004..An imitation task (Experiment 3) was administered in order to test for the presence of Ideomotor Apraxia. Our results suggest that the two pathological samples may use different processing routes to action...
- Reaching in children with and without developmental coordination disorder under normal and perturbed visionStefania Zoia
Division of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, Burlo Garofolo Maternal and Child Health Institute, Italy
Dev Neuropsychol 27:257-73. 2005..The introduction of the prismatic lenses supports the idea that the use of visual feedback by children with DCD may be different from that in children without DCD...
- Evidence of early development of action planning in the human foetus: a kinematic studyStefania Zoia
Department of Pediatrics, Child Neurology and Psychiatry Unit, Institute of Child Health IRCCS, Burlo Garofolo, Via dell Istria, 65 1, Trieste, 34137, Italy
Exp Brain Res 176:217-26. 2007..By 22 weeks of gestation the movements seem to show the recognizable form of intentional actions, with kinematic patterns that depend on the goal of the action, suggesting a surprisingly advanced level of motor planning...
- A comparison of the reach-to-grasp movement between children and adults: a kinematic studyStefania Zoia
Child Neurology and Psychiatry Department, Institute of Child Health IRCCS Burlo Garofolo, Via dell Istria 65 1, 34137 Trieste, Italy
Dev Neuropsychol 30:719-38. 2006..The results are discussed in terms of the neural mechanisms underlying hand action and how these mechanisms may not be fully developed by the age of 5...
- Neuromotor deficits in developmental coordination disorder: evidence from a reach-to-grasp taskMarina Biancotto
Child Neurology and Psychiatry Unit, Institute for Maternal and Child Health, I R C C S Burlo Garofolo, Via dell Istria 65 1, Trieste 34127, Italy
Res Dev Disabil 32:1293-300. 2011..The idea of a possible coexistence of these two deficits is discussed in accordance to a causal model framework and also addressed considering recent neurophysiologic evidences...
- The development of upper limb movements: from fetal to post-natal lifeStefania Zoia
Department of Pediatrics, Institute for Maternal and Child Health IRCCS Burlo Garofolo, Trieste, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e80876. 2013....