Affiliation: University of Ferrara
- Zamboni P, Morovic S, Menegatti E, Viselner G, Nicolaides A. Screening for chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency (CCSVI) using ultrasound--recommendations for a protocol. Int Angiol. 2011;30:571-97 pubmed..47 to k=0.80), while within-rater reproducibility in trained operators was k=0.75. Finally, the consensus document proposes a reporting standard of Duplex measurements, and future research to answer areas of uncertainty. ..
- Zamboni P, Gemmati D. Clinical implications of gene polymorphisms in venous leg ulcer: a model in tissue injury and reparative process. Thromb Haemost. 2007;98:131-7 pubmed....
- Zamboni P, Galeotti R, Menegatti E, Malagoni A, Tacconi G, Dall Ara S, et al. Chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency in patients with multiple sclerosis. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2009;80:392-9 pubmed publisher..The extracranial venous outflow routes in clinically defined multiple sclerosis (CDMS) have not previously been investigated...
- Zamboni P, Menegatti E, Weinstock Guttman B, Schirda C, Cox J, Malagoni A, et al. The severity of chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency in patients with multiple sclerosis is related to altered cerebrospinal fluid dynamics. Funct Neurol. 2009;24:133-8 pubmed..027) which was highly associated with the VHISS (r=0.8280, r2=0.6855; p=0.0001). This study demonstrates that venous outflow disturbances in the form of CCSVI significantly impact on CSF pathophysiology in patients with MS. ..
- Zamboni P, Galeotti R. The chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency syndrome. Phlebology. 2010;25:269-79 pubmed publisher..Restenosis rate was found out elevated in the IJVs, but negligible in the AZ. However, PTA seems to positively influence clinical and QoL parameters of the associated MS and warrants further randomized control trials...
- Zamboni P, Menegatti E, Conforti P, Shepherd S, Tessari M, Beggs C. Assessment of cerebral venous return by a novel plethysmography method. J Vasc Surg. 2012;56:677-85.e1 pubmed publisher..In addition, our results suggest that cervical plethysmography has great potential as an inexpensive screening device and as a postoperative monitoring tool. ..
- Zamboni P, De Mattei M, Ongaro A, Fogato L, Carandina S, De Palma M, et al. Factor XIII contrasts the effects of metalloproteinases in human dermal fibroblast cultured cells. Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2004;38:431-8 pubmed..These results support several in vivo reports about the effectiveness of its topical application in order to enhance the venous ulcer healing processes...
- Zamboni P, Tognazzo S, Izzo M, Pancaldi F, Scapoli G, Liboni A, et al. Hemochromatosis C282Y gene mutation increases the risk of venous leg ulceration. J Vasc Surg. 2005;42:309-14 pubmed..In perspective, the presence of the C282Y mutation would strengthen the indications and priorities for surgical correction of superficial venous insufficiency. ..
- Zamboni P, Izzo M, Tognazzo S, Carandina S, De Palma M, Catozzi L, et al. The overlapping of local iron overload and HFE mutation in venous leg ulcer pathogenesis. Free Radic Biol Med. 2006;40:1869-73 pubmed..We hypothesize that the physiologic iron protective mechanisms are affected by the HFE mutations and should be investigated in all diseases characterized by the combination of iron overload and inflammation. ..