Affiliation: University of Perugia
- Plaque debulking for femoro-popliteal occlusions: techniques and resultsM Lenti
Unit of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Santa Maria della Misericordia Hospital, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 54:141-9. 2013..However, randomized clinical trials are expected and can hopefully provide conclusions on the effective durability of these procedures...
- Results of the "endovascular treatment first" policy for infrapopliteal diseaseF Verzini
Unit of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, S Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Perugia, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 53:179-88. 2012..Waiting for the long-term results of ongoing trials and new researches, a more comprehensive analysis of outcomes with BTK endovascular first strategy can be provided in the next future...
- Long-term results of iliac aneurysm repair with iliac branched endograft: a 5-year experience on 100 consecutive casesG Parlani
Unit of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Hospital S Maria della Misericordia, S Andrea delle Fratte, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 43:287-92. 2012..Nevertheless, no large series with long-term follow-up of IBD are available. The aim of this study was to analyse safety and long-term efficacy of IBD in a consecutive series of patients...
- Endoleak after endovascular aortic repair: classification, diagnosis and management following endovascular thoracic and abdominal aortic repairP Cao
Operative Unit of Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Cardiosciences, S Camillo Forlanini Hospital, Rome, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 51:53-69. 2010..Careful and rigorous postoperative lifelong follow-up with computed tomography (CT) and high quality imaging continue to be essential for all patients after EVAR...
- Outcome after endografting in small and large abdominal aortic aneurysms: a metanalysisP De Rango
Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University of Perugia, Ospedale S Maria della Misericordia, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 35:162-72. 2008..To compare the results of endovascular repair (EVAR) in large and small (diameter < 5.5cm) abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA)...
- Quality of life in patients with small abdominal aortic aneurysm: the effect of early endovascular repair versus surveillance in the CAESAR trialP De Rango
Unit of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Hospital S M Misericordia, Loc S Andrea delle Fratte, 06134 Perugia, Italy
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 41:324-31. 2011..To evaluate and compare changes over time in health-related quality of life reported by patients with small (4.1-5.4 cm) abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAAs) undergoing endovascular aortic aneurysm repair (EVAR) or surveillance...
- Conversion to open repair after endografting for abdominal aortic aneurysm: causes, incidence and resultsF Verzini
Department of Vascular Surgery, University of Perugia, Azienda Ospedaliera di Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 31:136-42. 2006..In the presence of an expanding aneurysm after EVAR, especially after a failed secondary endovascular correction, an aggressive attitude in fit patients allows outcomes at similar to those of primary OR...
- Second-generation thienopyridine use is not associated with better early perioperative outcome during carotid stentingP De Rango
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Hospital S M Misericordia, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 41:214-21. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate whether clopidogrel was associated with reduced perioperative morbidity in patients undergoing CAS...
- Different types of thoracic endograftsP Cao
Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University of Perugia, S Maria Misericordia Hospital, Perugia, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 50:483-92. 2009..This paper discusses the different configurations and models of stent-graft for thoracic aortic disease as well as the still existing shortcomings...
- Comparison of surveillance versus aortic endografting for small aneurysm repair (CAESAR): results from a randomised trialP Cao
Vascular Surgery Unit, Department of Cardioscience, Hospital S Camillo Forlanini, Piazza C Forlanini, Rome, Italy
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 41:13-25. 2011..This study aimed to compare results after endovascular aortic aneurysm repair (EVAR) or surveillance in AAA <5.5 cm...
- Endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair in high-risk patients: a single centre experienceS Zannetti
Unit of Vascular Surgery, Policlinico Monteluce, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 21:334-8. 2001..However, the endovascular procedure in these patients is associated with higher major systemic morbidity, mortality, and prolonged hospitalisation rates...
- Commentary to "Endovascular repair of infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysms in high surgical risk patients"P De Rango
Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University of Perugia, Ospedale S. Maria della Misericordia, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 34:152-3. 2007
- Does the presence of an iliac aneurysm affect outcome of endoluminal AAA repair? An analysis of 336 casesG Parlani
Unità Operativa di Chirurgia Vascolare, Policlinico Monteluce, Via Brunamonti, 06122, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 24:134-8. 2002..To determine whether the presence of an iliac aneurysm compromises outcome of endovascular exclusion of AAA and to ascertain the fate of the iliac aneurysmal sac...